Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- St. John's Boys' Choir completes investigation into sexual misconduct allegation
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Former Kimball coach shares story following closed investigation
- Tim Nahan Press Conference
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The List
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
- NCYC Confidential Notification
- Where is Fr. Michael Leonard Hahn?
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Vatican official reportedly pushed back on McCarrick career advances
- A.W. Richard Sipe, a Leading Voice on Clergy Sex Abuse, Dies at 85
- (WCCO) St. Cloud Priest Arrested On Suspicion Of Criminal Sexual Conduct
Category Archives: Fran Hoefgen
Accused clergy remain at St. John’s Abbey, schools Abbot releases information to end ‘culture of secrecy’ that aids abuse
A Minneapolis man who accuses St. John’s Abbey of “harboring pedophiles” has filed a court action demanding the removal of 11 monks and priests from St. John’s property.
COLLEGEVILLE — He’s the man they call on to get the job done whether on the farm, with soon-to-be monks, in the chemistry department or now as head of the St. John’s monastery.
The shame, anger and soul-searching that have gripped much of the U.S. Catholic church in the wake of an avalanche of sex abuse scandals this year have been felt acutely by the band of Benedictines who comprise the monastic community … Continue reading
Collegeville – An apology, validation and a promise to ensure sexual abuse won’t happen to another child or adult. These, for many survivors of clergy sexual abuse, are far more important than financial settlement.
(SC Times) One of the monks living under restrictions at St. John’s Abbey has issued a written apology for his actions.
As allegations of sex abuse and coverup in the Catholic Church shook the nation this year, St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minn., confronted its own dark past. Former students came forward, some for the first time, to talk about what … Continue reading
Under St. John’s policy, monks on restriction are to have no pastoral or teaching duties or unsupervised social contact with young people. They are not allowed to work in the prep school or university, use most campus facilities, or serve … Continue reading
One of the more than a dozen monks and priests living under restrictions at St. John’s Abbey has issued a written apology for his actions, the St. Cloud Times reported. The Rev. Francis Hoefgen, 52, accused of sexually abusing a … Continue reading
“For one child to ever suffer – that is the most horrible thing I can think of.” – Ray Vogel, who says three of his four sons were abused by priests from St. John’s Abbey. On Friday, the abbey released … Continue reading
Abbot John Klassen has been praised for disclosing some monks’ misdeeds and criticized for allowing some to travel.
Abbot John Klassen has removed the Rev. Fran Hoefgen as guest master of the St. John’s Abbey guest house and the Rev. Allen Tarlton as director of its Oblate program before a threatened protest this weekend by victims of clergy … Continue reading
Two St. John’s Abbey priests on restriction for sexual misconduct have stepped down from abbey jobs in which they interacted with the public, an abbey official confirmed Tuesday.
COLLEGEVILLE, Minn. – Two monks living under restrictions at St. John’s Abbey for alleged sexual misconduct have been relieved of their duties at the abbey by Abbot John Klassen.
July 8, 2002 — Abbot John Klassen, OSB has appointed Landelin Robling, OSB to serve as Abbey Guestmaster, and Michael Kwatera, OSB to serve as Acting Director of Oblates. The monks who formerly served in those positions, Fran Hoefgen, OSB … Continue reading
Minnesota’s Catholic bishops returned from Dallas with an explicit mandate to deal with sex abusers in the clergy. The “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People” binds bishops around the country to the same “one-strike” policy.
Declaring themselves victims of sexual abuse and claiming that St. John’s Abbey has covered up such abuse for decades, two former prep school students on Thursday sued the abbey and two priests already living under restrictions because of sexual misconduct.
St. John’s Abbey officials have confirmed that a 14th member has been put on restrictions after being accused of sexual misconduct.
Although the Rev. Francis Hoefgen admitted to police in 1984 that he had sexual encounters with a teen-ager in the St. Cloud area, the Stearns County Attorney’s Office did not prosecute the Catholic priest.