Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- St. John's Boys' Choir completes investigation into sexual misconduct allegation
- Tim Nahan Press Conference
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The List
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
- NCYC Confidential Notification
- Where is Fr. Michael Leonard Hahn?
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Vatican official reportedly pushed back on McCarrick career advances
- A.W. Richard Sipe, a Leading Voice on Clergy Sex Abuse, Dies at 85
- (WCCO) St. Cloud Priest Arrested On Suspicion Of Criminal Sexual Conduct
- (SC Times) St. Cloud priest arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with adult
Category Archives: Bahamas
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey publications and newspaper articles from the 1990s on contradict the abbey’s own statement about the whereabouts and work history of the Rev. Francisco Schulte after the abbey received an allegation of sexual misconduct … Continue reading
At least four claims made in the St. John’s Abbey “Statement on Father Francisco Schulte” (May 18, 2010) [ View ] are blatantly false or contradict other statements made by the Abbey:
From that time through June of 2002, Father Francisco was living at Saint John’s Abbey with “prudent, non-risk” limitations on his ministry.
An abbot receives information from a victim that a monk sexually abused him while attending the monastery’s school. When the abbot confronts the monk, the monk admits the abuse along with some other instances of abuse. The entire situation, including … Continue reading
Father Bernard then installed Fr. Othmar Hohmann, OSB, as pastor of St. Francis Church. Fr. Othmar, a talented, friendly, dramatist, zealously continued the work of this predecessors: promoting enthusiastic congregational vocal praying; singing during liturgical services; giving catechetical instructions during … Continue reading
Fr. Alan Tarlton, 80, is the Abbey’s only African American monk. He was not always alone. When Tarlton was ordained in 1955, there were four other African Americans priests, but, eventually, the abbey sent them off to do missionary work … Continue reading
There was an extra stillness in the air recently as Father Mel Taylor looked over the picturesque grounds of the Monastery of Saint Augustine of Canterbury, which closed after 114 years of existence.
At the opening of the Bahama Benedictine Centennial in January, 1991, Sir Henry Taylor, Acting Governor General of the Bahamas, paid tribute to the missionary monks of Saint John’s with these words: “The work of the Benedictines in the Bahamas … Continue reading
Sins of a Father: ‘Sauna Kids’ Abuse; a Remote Retreat in Minnesota Allegedly Was Turned into a Sexual Playhouse by a Catholic Monk Who Has Been Accused of Repeatedly Molesting Young Boys and Girls.
St. John’s Abbey was told in the late 1980s that the Rev. Richard Eckroth had allegedly sexually abused a boy years earlier.
The Rev. Richard Eckroth –Continues to use abbey cabin on Swenson Lake near Bemidji; traveled to St. John’s mission, St. Augustine Abbey in Nassau, Bahamas, summer 1997 for the ceremony when a St. John’s priest was named prior, the position … Continue reading
The Rev. John Eidenschink, former St. John’s abbot, has admitted that he sexually abused two abbey monks, one before he was elected abbot in 1971 and another during his eight-year tenure, current Abbot John Klassen said Friday.
Prior of St. Augustine’s Monastery in Nassau, Bahamas, since 1997, Father Daniel Ward has accepted new tasks as Associate Director of the Legal Resource Center for Religious in Silver Spring, Maryland. He took this office on 6 December.
Father Peregrin Berres OSB, was killed in a single vehicle accident last Friday, April 16, near Minneapolis. He was 68.
Saint Augustine’s Monastery, Nassau, Bahamas, continues to provide traditional pastoral and educational services as it strengthens other activities in spirituality. An example:
Four members of the Saint John’s monastic and academic communities have begun assignments at Saint Augustine’s Monastery, Nassau, Bahamas, this summer — namely, Frs. Dan Ward, Richard Eckroth, Antony Hellenberg and Francisco Schulte.
The new subprior of St. Augustine’s Monastery in Nassau, Bahamas, Father Francisco Schulte, was recently appointed by the new Prior, Father Daniel Ward.