Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- The List
- Eleven SJP Grads Among Monk Perpetrators
- Reports surface of ‘sex competition’ in Patrick Hall
- CSB/SJU community demands action after allegation of 'sex competition' among St. John's students
- CSB, SJU Investigate Alleged Sex Competition (AP)
- CSB/SJU investigating allegations of 'sex competition' run by male students
- St. John's Boys' Choir completes investigation into sexual misconduct allegation
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Former Kimball coach shares story following closed investigation
- Tim Nahan Press Conference
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
Category Archives: Paul Richards
Father Anthony Ruff remains on the staff at St. John’s University [ Link ] despite credible allegations of sexual misconduct and retaliation, after which he was sent to the Saint Luke Institute in Maryland for more than one year. Father Anthony Ruff also remains … Continue reading
May 31, 2014 Most Reverend John Neinstedt D.D., S.T.D. Office of the Archbishop 266 Summit Avenue Saint Paul, MN 55102
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The following text is from the Benedictine Volunteers Bahamas web site [ View ]. Father Mel Taylor left the Bahamas after being confronted at a Nassau church on June 3, 2012 [ View ] after Archbishop Patrick Pinder … Continue reading
The following is a list of Saint John’s monks with credible allegations of misconduct who served in the Bahamas.
Since Holy Wisdom Monastery is an ecumenical monastery without juridical status in the Roman Catholic Church, it should be clear that neither the liturgy, teaching, or governance at Holy Wisdom Monastery is part of the Catholic Church.
When the sisters disassociated from Rome, Bishop Morlino asked them to no longer celebrate Mass at the site so as not to cause confusion, said Brent King, a diocesan spokesman. [Webmaster’s Note: According to a recent article [ View ] … Continue reading
Brother Paul looks forward to returning to Holy Wisdom Monastery after his trip to Africa and continuing his quest for balance, so he can return to St. John’s energized and ready to jump back into his community life and work.
According to a July 8, 2011 article in the St. Cloud Visitor, Brother Eric Pohlman, a 29-year-old junior monk at the abbey… 1. … felt called to Benedictine living and sought out St. John’s 2. … because it was a … Continue reading
Abbot John Klassen has removed Br. Paul Richards as director of formation at Saint John’s Abbey. The removal may have occurred on October 8, 2011. According to the abbey’s web site, Br. Richards no longer serves as spokesperson for the Benedictine abbey. … Continue reading
[Note: Since the New York Post article regarding former Abbot Timothy Kelly (below) was published on June 7, 2011, other stories of abuse and misconduct have been shared. “Fr. Tim,” as Timothy Kelly was known in the late 60’s wasn’t … Continue reading
St. John’s Abbey spokesman, Brother Paul Richards, said abbey officials were just learning about the allegations. He had no other comment.
[Webmaster’s Note: In July of 1987, Br. Paul Richards took the St. John’s Boys’ Choir to Conception Abbey in Missouri where the members performed and stayed overnight. The director of the Conception Abbey Boy Choir at the time was Fr. … Continue reading
(CNN) – As a young man studying for the priesthood, Patrick Wall imagined life as a professor and football coach at a Catholic university. It didn’t work out that way. Two decades later, Wall has not only left the Catholic Church, … Continue reading
(Star Tribune) A New York man is suing St. John’s Abbey and the Order of St. Benedict in Collegeville, Minn., alleging a former abbot sexually abused him decades ago at a Bronx church.
“Hospitality runs rampant within the St. John’s Abbey and, as a music major, this is clear at student recitals, largely attended by the monks in support of the students.”
Br. Paul Richards, sub-prior and spokesperson for Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota recently commented [ View ] on allegations of misconduct by Fr. Francisco Schulte after a lawsuit was filed against Fr. Schulte in Puerto Rico on Monday, alleging abuse … Continue reading
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A Puerto Rican man who claims he was sexually abused by a priest affiliated with a Minnesota abbey filed a lawsuit Monday against his alleged abuser and the religious order that runs the abbey.