Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- St. John's Boys' Choir completes investigation into sexual misconduct allegation
- Tim Nahan Press Conference
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The List
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
- NCYC Confidential Notification
- Where is Fr. Michael Leonard Hahn?
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Vatican official reportedly pushed back on McCarrick career advances
- A.W. Richard Sipe, a Leading Voice on Clergy Sex Abuse, Dies at 85
- (WCCO) St. Cloud Priest Arrested On Suspicion Of Criminal Sexual Conduct
- (SC Times) St. Cloud priest arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with adult
Category Archives: Robert Koopmann
What message does it send when one of Saint John’s Abbey’s most notorious sex offenders (including alleged acts of sodomy) takes on a new, secret, identity in order to sell flower cards in the abbey’s online store?
The List: 103 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-eight (58) monks and thirteen (13) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another thirty-two (32) individuals with strong ties to St. John’s have … Continue reading
In typical Saint John’s fashion, Miguel Diaz’s web page on the Saint John’s School of Theology web site was removed earlier today. An error page [ View ] is now in its place. In 2013, Saint John’s removed almost all … Continue reading
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
Saint John’s is party to legal battles in both the California and Minnesota court systems.
I briefly spoke with Benson who indicated that he did write the Facebook post and indicated that he wrote this in response to the opinion posted by Marker in the St. Cloud Times. He identified John Gagliardi as his grandfather … Continue reading
“The Saint John’s community both shaped and shapes me, and it is a rare gift to be able to lead my alma mater through this important transition in the relationship between the monastery and the university.” – Michael Hemesath
COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s University has hired a search firm to help find its next president, and for the first time the pool of candidates could include someone who isn’t a member of the monastery.
The Saint John’s Bible is scheduled to be featured on NBC’s Today show during the second hour (8-9 a.m. Central) on Wednesday, Oct. 19. Donald Jackson and Fr. Robert Koopmann, OSB, are scheduled to be guests to discuss the completion of the project.
St. John’s University was NOT named as one of the Top 20 Recommended Catholic Colleges by The Cardinal Newman Society. At least three of the top 20 share their campus with a Benedictine abbey.
Recently, visitors to the web site have provided information about Fr. Dan Ward, Fr. Othmar Hohmann, Fr. Agustin Cerezo, Br. Bernie Friedl, Fr. Timothy Kelly, Fr. Robert Koopman, Br. Paschal Brisson, Fr. Bruce Wollmering, Fr. Ian Dommer, Fr. Francisco Schulte, … Continue reading
“The university will remain as a major educational and pastoral work of the abbey, and the monks of St. John’s will remain a vital part of the university.”
“There were times when we thought this day would never come, but we’d absolutely do it again because it’s such a great work of both art and spirituality, and it’s capable of profoundly moving the people who use it and … Continue reading
Many of the monks at St. John’s Abbey knew about Br. Parry’s misconduct. On one occasion, Fr. Bob Koopmann made a joke about “blowing a student” that was clearly directed at Br. Parry. – virtueonline.org
The past two years have been very challenging for institutions of higher education and for Saint John’s as well. In spite of many challenges, there have been some very positive developments during the first two years of my administration.
(SC TImes) The Rev. Robert Koopmann will not seek a second term as president of St. John’s University, he announced today.
“Hospitality runs rampant within the St. John’s Abbey and, as a music major, this is clear at student recitals, largely attended by the monks in support of the students.”
Abbot John Klassen broke the silence Wednesday and apologized for not publicly addressing the St. John’s community sooner.
“It’s the Church that’s causing the problems here, not the students or their opinions. In comparison to the Benedictines and the College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University community, Nienstedt and archbishops in general are conservative.” – Fr. Rene McGraw, St. … Continue reading