Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- The List
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
- NCYC Confidential Notification
- Where is Fr. Michael Leonard Hahn?
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Vatican official reportedly pushed back on McCarrick career advances
- A.W. Richard Sipe, a Leading Voice on Clergy Sex Abuse, Dies at 85
- (WCCO) St. Cloud Priest Arrested On Suspicion Of Criminal Sexual Conduct
- (SC Times) St. Cloud priest arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with adult
- Send Messages to Father Tony at St. Luke's Institute
- Father Tony Oelrich (SOT '92) Arrested
- Regarding Father Anthony "Tony" Oelrich
- 15 Years Later, Josh Guimond’s Disappearance Still Unsolved
- Tupa's January 20 Bulletin Message
- (Star Tribune) Twin Cities Archdiocese releases names of 19 men suspected of sexually abusing minors
- (Star Tribune) St. John's Abbey adds three new names to clergy abuse file
- Peace and Justice / Death Row / Sullivan / Schulte
- Misconduct in St. Joseph, MN
Category Archives: Settlement Information
“Saint John’s Abbey resolved and settled various sexual abuse claims against it through monetary and non-monetary agreements. The legal, media and settlement payment expense was approximately $1,000,000.” – Abbey Financial Report, December 2002
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Earlier this month, St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville mailed letters to thousands of St. John’s Prep School alumni saying over a period of more than 40 years, 17 monks had “credible allegations of sexual abuse brought against … Continue reading
The letter that St. John’s Abbey agreed to send to former St. Prep School students for whom the St. John’s alumni office had current addresses (approximately 64% of graduates and 15% of non-graduates) went out this week. However, instead of … Continue reading
According to Abbot John Klassen in June of 2010, St. John’s Abbey settled a complaint against former St. John’s Prep School prefect Terry DeSutter in 2002. At the time of the misconduct, several “prefects” lived in the boy’s dormitory at … Continue reading
Abbot John Klassen broke the silence Wednesday and apologized for not publicly addressing the St. John’s community sooner.
Dear Members of the Saint John’s Communities, Over the past years, I have been very aware of the fact that it is not only the monks who feel the impact of allegations of misconduct by members of our monastic community. … Continue reading
Members of the Saint John’s Campus Community (faculty, staff & students) are invited to attend a listening session with Abbot John Klassen, about the issues of misconduct that were recently in the news. Abbot John will start with brief opening … Continue reading
In a 1998 memo regarding abuse by Michael Bik, Abbot Timothy Kelly made it clear that Saint John’s Abbey, not the individual monk, covers the cost of abuse (including counseling payments for victims). Abbot Timothy Kelly wrote: “With his monastic vows, … Continue reading
This article is available… Here
(SC Times) St. John’s Abbey and survivors of sexual misconduct said to be perpetrated by current and former abbey members reached an agreement Friday about the distribution of a letter signed by two survivors and Abbot John Klassen.
Monday’s announcement came as little surprise to former St. John’s student Patrick Marker. Marker, who graduated from the school in 1983, reported alleged abuse at the hands of a monk in 1989 and was among the initial whistleblowers who pushed … Continue reading
(examiner.com) St. Paul attorney Jeff Anderson had a press conference on Monday, March 28th, in St. Paul to explain the clergy abuse settlement with St. John’s Abbey of Collegeville. Jeremy McCarthy, an abuse survivor, and the only survivor wishing to speak, stated … Continue reading
(SC Times) ST. PAUL — A key provision of a deal to settle nine of the 12 pending lawsuits against St. John’s Abbey, St. John’s Prep School and 10 clergy members accused of sexual misconduct was in dispute late Monday.
In the settlement announced on Monday, victims who previously settled with St. John’s were released from the confidentiality clauses contained within those agreements. If you were a victim of misconduct, we invite you to tell your story (while maintaining your … Continue reading
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) – Every alumnus of St. John’s University in Collegeville will soon be getting a letter from the school. The letter names 17 priests and monks who the Abbey has identified as having credible allegations of sexual abuse brought … Continue reading
(MPR) St. Paul, Minn. — People who attended St. John’s Preparatory School in Collegeville may soon receive an unusual letter in the mail. According to a settlement announced Monday, St. John’s must send a letter to all alumni of its … Continue reading
(StarTribune.com) The identities of 17 monks who have faced “credible allegations of sexual abuse” or other misconduct were made public Monday, representing a break in the secrecy that has long surrounded most Minnesota clergy abuse cases. The names were released … Continue reading
ST. PAUL (SC Times)— An agreement to settle nine lawsuits against St. John’s Abbey and St. John’s Prep School includes the release of a list of 17 monks who have had credible allegations of sexual misconduct brought against them.
(Fox 9) ST. PAUL, Minn. – A settlement has been reached with St. John’s Abbey in nine alleged sexual abuse cases involving 10 monks or priests at St. John’s Prep in Collegeville, Minn.
(StarTribune.com) The attorney for nine people who say they were abused by Roman Catholic clergy announced a settlement Monday of lawsuits against St. John’s Preparatory School of Collegeville, Minn.