Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Rev. Finian McDonald's Obituary: More Deception
- The secret bootlegging history of Stearns County
- Man convicted of sexual abuse to face child rape charge in Mass
- Matthew Feeney to stand trial in Massachusetts
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Victims abused by Minnesota casting director awarded more than $2 million
- 2 Victims Sexually Abused by Minnesota Casting Director Awarded $2.1 Million
- Lawsuit Filed re Father Doug Mullin, OSB
- Nine Monks Among Claims Against the Diocese of St. Cloud
- Rubén Rosario: 800 claims and counting as child sex-abuse law nears expiration
- Diocese served with dozens of lawsuits
- 10 Years Later, Abbot Klassen Still Hiding Abuse Claims
- We must share concern for all innocent people victimized by abusers or accusers
- Priest Accused Of Sexual Abuse, Again
- St. John's Monk Accused Of Abuse
- Lawsuits Accuse Backous of Abuse
- Another St. John’s Priest Accused Of Abuse
- Media Advisory Regarding Michael Bik
- Suit Names Former Prep School Teacher
- Statement Regarding Timothy Backous
- Allegations of sexual misconduct bring two monks under investigation
- The List
- Father Andert Removed from Prep School's Melk Reunion Page
- St. John’s Abbey Hit With Two New Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- Ex-prior abused St. John's Prep students
- Andert Named in Two Lawsuits
- Abbey Admits: Andert Victim Never Interviewed
Category Archives: Settlement Information
“Saint John’s Abbey resolved and settled various sexual abuse claims against it through monetary and non-monetary agreements. The legal, media and settlement payment expense was approximately $1,000,000.” – Abbey Financial Report, December 2002
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Earlier this month, St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville mailed letters to thousands of St. John’s Prep School alumni saying over a period of more than 40 years, 17 monks had “credible allegations of sexual abuse brought against … Continue reading
The letter that St. John’s Abbey agreed to send to former St. Prep School students for whom the St. John’s alumni office had current addresses (approximately 64% of graduates and 15% of non-graduates) went out this week. However, instead of … Continue reading
According to Abbot John Klassen in June of 2010, St. John’s Abbey settled a complaint against former St. John’s Prep School prefect Terry DeSutter in 2002. At the time of the misconduct, several “prefects” lived in the boy’s dormitory at … Continue reading
Abbot John Klassen broke the silence Wednesday and apologized for not publicly addressing the St. John’s community sooner.
Dear Members of the Saint John’s Communities, Over the past years, I have been very aware of the fact that it is not only the monks who feel the impact of allegations of misconduct by members of our monastic community. … Continue reading
Members of the Saint John’s Campus Community (faculty, staff & students) are invited to attend a listening session with Abbot John Klassen, about the issues of misconduct that were recently in the news. Abbot John will start with brief opening … Continue reading
In a 1998 memo regarding abuse by Michael Bik, Abbot Timothy Kelly made it clear that Saint John’s Abbey, not the individual monk, covers the cost of abuse (including counseling payments for victims). Abbot Timothy Kelly wrote: “With his monastic vows, … Continue reading
This article is available… Here
(SC Times) St. John’s Abbey and survivors of sexual misconduct said to be perpetrated by current and former abbey members reached an agreement Friday about the distribution of a letter signed by two survivors and Abbot John Klassen.
Monday’s announcement came as little surprise to former St. John’s student Patrick Marker. Marker, who graduated from the school in 1983, reported alleged abuse at the hands of a monk in 1989 and was among the initial whistleblowers who pushed … Continue reading
(examiner.com) St. Paul attorney Jeff Anderson had a press conference on Monday, March 28th, in St. Paul to explain the clergy abuse settlement with St. John’s Abbey of Collegeville. Jeremy McCarthy, an abuse survivor, and the only survivor wishing to speak, stated … Continue reading
(SC Times) ST. PAUL — A key provision of a deal to settle nine of the 12 pending lawsuits against St. John’s Abbey, St. John’s Prep School and 10 clergy members accused of sexual misconduct was in dispute late Monday.
In the settlement announced on Monday, victims who previously settled with St. John’s were released from the confidentiality clauses contained within those agreements. If you were a victim of misconduct, we invite you to tell your story (while maintaining your … Continue reading
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) – Every alumnus of St. John’s University in Collegeville will soon be getting a letter from the school. The letter names 17 priests and monks who the Abbey has identified as having credible allegations of sexual abuse brought … Continue reading
(MPR) St. Paul, Minn. — People who attended St. John’s Preparatory School in Collegeville may soon receive an unusual letter in the mail. According to a settlement announced Monday, St. John’s must send a letter to all alumni of its … Continue reading
(StarTribune.com) The identities of 17 monks who have faced “credible allegations of sexual abuse” or other misconduct were made public Monday, representing a break in the secrecy that has long surrounded most Minnesota clergy abuse cases. The names were released … Continue reading
ST. PAUL (SC Times)— An agreement to settle nine lawsuits against St. John’s Abbey and St. John’s Prep School includes the release of a list of 17 monks who have had credible allegations of sexual misconduct brought against them.
(Fox 9) ST. PAUL, Minn. – A settlement has been reached with St. John’s Abbey in nine alleged sexual abuse cases involving 10 monks or priests at St. John’s Prep in Collegeville, Minn.
(StarTribune.com) The attorney for nine people who say they were abused by Roman Catholic clergy announced a settlement Monday of lawsuits against St. John’s Preparatory School of Collegeville, Minn.