Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The List
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
- NCYC Confidential Notification
- Where is Fr. Michael Leonard Hahn?
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Vatican official reportedly pushed back on McCarrick career advances
- A.W. Richard Sipe, a Leading Voice on Clergy Sex Abuse, Dies at 85
- (WCCO) St. Cloud Priest Arrested On Suspicion Of Criminal Sexual Conduct
- (SC Times) St. Cloud priest arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with adult
- Send Messages to Father Tony at St. Luke's Institute
- Father Tony Oelrich (SOT '92) Arrested
Category Archives: John Kelly
On January 19, 2016, Abbot John Klassen and Saint John’s Abbey released and made available to the public the files of eighteen monk offenders.
Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John’s Abbey
“The credit for achieving this groundbreaking settlement rests with Doe 2, for having the courage to find his voice, stand up for truth and demand transparency with accountability,” said Jeff Anderson, one of Doe 2’s attorneys.
The List: 103 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-eight (58) monks and thirteen (13) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another thirty-two (32) individuals with strong ties to St. John’s have … Continue reading
Official Statement of December 9, 2013 Release of Names of Monks Who Likely Have Offended Against Minors
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
Saint John’s Abbey quietly admitted, via a revamped web site in the summer of 2012, that at least 23 members of its community had been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
A July, 1992 letter from Father Dan Ward (monk and attorney for Saint John’s Abbey) claimed that Brother John Kelly “had been removed from his work at the prep school and the university” following allegations of sexual misconduct. Contents of … Continue reading
Approximately 1178 students attended the Prep School in the 80’s. 438 left before their senior year.
Saint John’s University football coach John Gagliardi has finally spoken on the record about sexual misconduct. In a Saint Cloud Times article regarding sex abuse at Penn State and Joe Paterno, Gagliardi said, “It’s just hard to believe anything like this … Continue reading
Born: February 26, 1953 in Cincinnati, Ohio Professed: July 11, 1974 Ordained: January 19, 1979 Known Victims: 9 Age of Victims: 12-17 Location: Puerto Rico, Minnesota, North Carolina, Mexico
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Earlier this month, St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville mailed letters to thousands of St. John’s Prep School alumni saying over a period of more than 40 years, 17 monks had “credible allegations of sexual abuse brought against … Continue reading
In 2006, the student newspaper at St. John’s featured an article [ View ] about sexual abuse by the monks at St. John’s Abbey. The article referenced research showing that “more monks will be named and more victims will come forward”. … Continue reading
I am posting this open letter to you because I wish to publicly acknowledge that the following monks have had credible allegations of sexual abuse, exploitation, or misconduct brought against them while they were working in one of the apostolates … Continue reading
The Rev. Allen Tarlton has been accused of molesting a young man at least three times in the fall of 1982 while the young man was a student at the prep school. Tarlton was the young man’s counselor, English teacher … Continue reading
At St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, several members of the Order of St. Benedict live under restrictions imposed by Abbot John Klassen. Some members faced with the possibility of restrictions have taken leaves from the order to consider whether they … Continue reading
“We use the word “community” quite a bit in places like ours but forget its most elemental meaning – caring for each other.” – Blog Entry by Fr. Tim Backous, September 2, 2009
(Fox 9) ST. PAUL, Minn. – A man who says he was sexually abused by an instructor at St. John’s Preparatory School in Collegeville is filing a Ramsey County lawsuit against the school, the religious order of monks that runs … Continue reading
This page has been combined with another page and moved here.
(Hastings Star-Gazette) Minnesota — A deceased former Hastings area resident and priest, who was a counselor at St. John’s University in Collegeville, Minn., for many years, is named in two civil lawsuits filed in Stearns County alleging sexual misconduct as … Continue reading
The second lawsuit in two weeks was filed Wednesday against St. John’s Abbey.