Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Abuse allegations 'unsubstantiated' against former St. John's Abbey prior
- Klassen: Allegation against Andert is unsubstantiated
- 2,000 Area Students On Campus in Collegeville
- 29 Questions for Abbot John Klassen, OSB
- Employee Open Forum with Abbot John
- Audio of Father Dan Ward and Alleged Victim
- Rev. Dan Ward Confronted After Presentation (Transcribed)
- Personal files of clergy abuse victim were made public
- Abbey Uses Tarlton Obituary to Rewrite History
- Father Allen Tarlton Obituary
- Victims say St. John's Abbey released documents containing personal information
- Contact With Gary Schoener and the WICC?
- Abbey could offer guidance amid scandal
- Abbey Letter Lists Eighteen Offending Monks
- Former Student Remembers Father Dan Ward
- Abbey's Statement regarding lawsuit related to Othmar Hohmann
- Abbey Releases Files of 18 Offenders (View Here)
- St. John's Abbey releases files on child-abusing monks
- St. John’s Abbey Releases Monks’ Files In Abuse Settlement
- St. John's Abbey releases files on 18 monks accused of abuse
- Former St. Joseph Priest Accused of Sex Abuse in New Lawsuit
- Abbey Statement Regarding MPR News Story
- A year after son's suicide, parents seek change at St. John's
- Monks Who Have Passed
- Archdiocese Statement Regarding Backous
- Late 1960's... Three Abusive Priests at St. Anselm in the Bronx
- Abbey Now Admits to 23 Monk Perpetrators
Category Archives: Dan Ward
A list of questions for the open forum “regarding sexual abuse” to be held at 3:00pm today on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota.
As previously shared here, Father Dan Ward gave a presentation (via Skype) to an audience of 50-75 people on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota on Sunday, January 24, 2016. One of Father Dan Ward’s many [ Link ] alleged victims … Continue reading
On Sunday, January 24, 2016, Father Dan Ward gave a presentation (via Skype) to an audience of 50-75 people on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota. One of Father Ward’s alleged victims attended. Father Ward admitted to the audience that he met … Continue reading
An investigation into misconduct by Father Tom Andert is reportedly underway [ Link ]. The results of three previously announced “investigations” into alleged abuse by three monk perpetrators (Fathers Dan Ward, Mel Taylor and Timothy Backous) have yet to be … Continue reading
On Wednesday, six brave staff members at the Saint John’s Preparatory School took a stand. The six: Jennifer Whitehead – Guidance/Counseling Sally Battig – Executive Administrative Assistant to the Headmaster Jeffrey R Engholm – Music Teacher Sandra L. Ernst – Student Accounts and Records Mary Jo … Continue reading
According to the Diocese of St. Cloud web site [ View ] , “Bishop Donald Kettler will hold a series of listening sessions in August following allegations of sexual abuse committed by three priests of the diocese.”
Anyone who was living in the Midwest in the fall of 1989 was familiar with the Jacob Wetterling kidnapping. The story was all over the news. There were newspaper articles, television news stories, posters, billboards, and buttons. Jacob was everywhere, … Continue reading
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
On Monday, I learned that Michelle Soldo, an attorney from St. Paul, Minnesota, is conducting an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Father Timothy Backous. After viewing a draft of this post earlier today Ms. Soldo wrote, in part, that … Continue reading
The List: 85 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-three (53) monks and twelve (12) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. … Continue reading
The list of religious offenders produced today by the Diocese of Saint Cloud includes thirty-three names. The list includes the names of religious who offended within the diocese. It also includes the names of religious who worked within the diocese but … Continue reading
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
Rev. Thomas Gillespie’s name does not appear on the recently released archdiocesan list [ View ].
Two monks from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota (USA), Father Jonathan Licari and Father Dan Ward, have been linked to the sexual abuse scandal at the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
In a July 31, 2013 article in the National Catholic Register [ View ], Saint John’s Abbey claims that, “The website operator [Marker] has engaged in a campaign to condemn Father Daniel to his colleagues and the public without any … Continue reading
But Ward also has critics. Last fall, four people accused Ward of unwanted sexual advances against them in the 1970s when they were college students at St. John’s University in Collegeville, where Ward taught at the time.
We have been forthcoming and acknowledged the occasions when members of our community harmed others. – Saint John’s Abbey (2013) [ View ] Has the Abbey been forthcoming?
Webmaster’s Note: An email (below) sent earlier today announced that Father Dan Ward is stepping down as executive director of the RCRI. An investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Father Dan Ward [ View ] commenced in October of 2012 prompting one advocacy group to call … Continue reading
Father Dan Ward and Saint John’s Abbey could learn from Cardinal Keith O’Brien.