Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Regarding VAC Roxanne Storms
- Regarding Schulte, Puerto Rico and Rey Rivera
- Southern Fried Homicide (Rivera/Schulte)
- Regarding Michelle Soldo Consulting / Backous
- MPR: Betrayed By Silence
- St. John's abbot reacts to abuse response criticism
- Monk Perpetrator Has Secret Identity… To Sell Online
- Message from Abbot John Klassen
- Opinion: DELIVERANCE (Duluth)
- 1969: "The New Direction" at Saint Scholastica (Duluth)
- 1969: St. Scholastica and Sexual Abuse (Duluth)
- 1971: Juvenile Court Used for Adult (Duluth)
- Priest on leave from Essentia, St. Michael's parish after allegations aired
- Backous on Failure
- Ex-Hastings priest living in Anoka County named in abuse suit
- Minnetonka priest’s tenant is ex-priest who abused teen
- Releasing names of priests accused of abuse will not end pressure on church
- Clergy Misconduct Lawsuit Targets St. John's Abbey (Video)
- Family accuses Ex-St. John's Prep headmaster of abuse
- Letter to Catholic Church officials calls for Father Timothy Backous' removal from ministry
- Abbot John Klassen defends former St. John's headmaster accused of abuse
- Clergy abuse allegation surfaces against ex-St. John's Prep headmaster
- St. John's Abbey responds to lawsuit announcement
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Dan Ward
On Monday, I learned that Michelle Soldo, an attorney from St. Paul, Minnesota, is conducting an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Father Timothy Backous. After viewing a draft of this post earlier today Ms. Soldo wrote, in part, that … Continue reading
Since the 1930s, fifty (50) monks and ten (10) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
The list of religious offenders produced today by the Diocese of Saint Cloud includes thirty-three names. The list includes the names of religious who offended within the diocese. It also includes the names of religious who worked within the diocese but … Continue reading
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
Rev. Thomas Gillespie’s name does not appear on the recently released archdiocesan list [ View ].
Two monks from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota (USA), Father Jonathan Licari and Father Dan Ward, have been linked to the sexual abuse scandal at the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
In a July 31, 2013 article in the National Catholic Register [ View ], Saint John’s Abbey claims that, “The website operator [Marker] has engaged in a campaign to condemn Father Daniel to his colleagues and the public without any … Continue reading
But Ward also has critics. Last fall, four people accused Ward of unwanted sexual advances against them in the 1970s when they were college students at St. John’s University in Collegeville, where Ward taught at the time.
We have been forthcoming and acknowledged the occasions when members of our community harmed others. – Saint John’s Abbey (2013) [ View ] Has the Abbey been forthcoming?
Webmaster’s Note: An email (below) sent earlier today announced that Father Dan Ward is stepping down as executive director of the RCRI. An investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Father Dan Ward [ View ] commenced in October of 2012 prompting one advocacy group to call … Continue reading
Father Dan Ward and Saint John’s Abbey could learn from Cardinal Keith O’Brien.
(GlobalPost.com) Dan Ward is by any measure a complex man. The lawyer-priest righteously helps nuns on property matters and how to deal with a Vatican investigation.
A clergy sex abuse victim has written a letter about suspected predators to 1,100 Minnesota Catholic parishioners, but their pastor claims the letter is “libelous.” In response, the victim is urging top church officials to oust the pastor for lying … Continue reading
In the January 20, 2013 bulletin for the Church of St. Joseph, Father Jerome Tupa attempts to address, as he promised he would last Sunday in mass, the letter that I sent to many of the parishioners (and others) in … Continue reading
Father Tupa knowingly lied to a congregation of Catholics attending mass in a diocesan building. Father Tupa knowingly defamed me. Father Tupa proved that he is willing go to any length, including slander, to cover-up decades of misconduct by members of … Continue reading
During the 10am mass on Sunday, January 13, 2013, Father Jerome Tupa addressed a letter sent to residents in and around St. Joseph, Minnesota. The letter discussed, among other things, recent allegations of sexual misconduct against Father Othmar Hohmann and Father … Continue reading
The informational event planned for Sunday morning has been postponed due to inclement weather.
You are invited to join a group of concerned individuals planning to meet in Saint Joseph before and after the 8am and 10am masses on Dec 16, 2012 to distribute information and discuss the decision by the Saint Cloud Diocese … Continue reading
Three excerpts from a statement signed and notarized on November 10, 2012:
Saint John’s Abbey has quietly admitted, via a revamped web site, that at least 23 members of its community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.