Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Regarding Schulte, Puerto Rico and Rey Rivera
- Southern Fried Homicide (Rivera/Schulte)
- Regarding Michelle Soldo Consulting / Backous
- MPR: Betrayed By Silence
- St. John's abbot reacts to abuse response criticism
- Monk Perpetrator Has Secret Identity… To Sell Online
- Message from Abbot John Klassen
- Opinion: DELIVERANCE (Duluth)
- 1969: "The New Direction" at Saint Scholastica (Duluth)
- 1969: St. Scholastica and Sexual Abuse (Duluth)
- 1971: Juvenile Court Used for Adult (Duluth)
- Priest on leave from Essentia, St. Michael's parish after allegations aired
- Backous on Failure
- Ex-Hastings priest living in Anoka County named in abuse suit
- Minnetonka priest’s tenant is ex-priest who abused teen
- Releasing names of priests accused of abuse will not end pressure on church
- Clergy Misconduct Lawsuit Targets St. John's Abbey (Video)
- Family accuses Ex-St. John's Prep headmaster of abuse
- Letter to Catholic Church officials calls for Father Timothy Backous' removal from ministry
- Abbot John Klassen defends former St. John's headmaster accused of abuse
- Clergy abuse allegation surfaces against ex-St. John's Prep headmaster
- St. John's Abbey responds to lawsuit announcement
- Former St. John's Abbey monk accused of abusing boy
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Isaac Connolly
Since the 1930s, fifty (50) monks and ten (10) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct. 2002 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2011 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Archdiocese of St. Paul List… Here … Continue reading
Saint John’s Abbey has quietly admitted, via a revamped web site, that at least 23 members of its community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
Good afternoon, I first came across your site a few years ago and found it extremely disturbing. I had Brother Isaac Connelly as my FR freshman year. Though I never experienced anything with him, I can’t say that I was … Continue reading
Approximately 1178 students attended the Prep School in the 80′s. 438 left before their senior year.
Sister Anne Marie Biermaier’s Facebook profile has been pulled.
In 2006, the student newspaper at St. John’s featured an article [ View ] about sexual abuse by the monks at St. John’s Abbey. The article referenced research showing that “more monks will be named and more victims will come forward”. … Continue reading
I am posting this open letter to you because I wish to publicly acknowledge that the following monks have had credible allegations of sexual abuse, exploitation, or misconduct brought against them while they were working in one of the apostolates … Continue reading
Br. Isaac Connolly [ Link ] took his down. Fr. Finian McDonald [ Link ] did the same. Now Fr. Brennan Maiers is taking a shot.
At St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, several members of the Order of St. Benedict live under restrictions imposed by Abbot John Klassen. Some members faced with the possibility of restrictions have taken leaves from the order to consider whether they … Continue reading
“We use the word “community” quite a bit in places like ours but forget its most elemental meaning – caring for each other.” – Blog Entry by Fr. Tim Backous, September 2, 2009
(Fox 9) ST. PAUL, Minn. – A man who says he was sexually abused by an instructor at St. John’s Preparatory School in Collegeville is filing a Ramsey County lawsuit against the school, the religious order of monks that runs … Continue reading
This page has been combined with another page and moved here.
Today (November 10, 2009) marks the seven year anniversary of Joshua Guimond’s disappearance from the St. John’s University campus in Collegeville, Minnesota.
On October 2, 2002 the St. Cloud Times reported that a settlement agreement between St. John’s and several victims had been reached. Three days later, and one month before Joshua Guimond disappeared, another article appeared in the St. Cloud Times.
Press Release [ View as PDF ] October 29, 2009 Press Release – “Justice for Josh” March * Joshua Guimond disappeared while at St. John’s University in Collegeville, MN in 2002. * November 7, 2009 is the inaugural “Justice for … Continue reading
According to the 2003-2005 Academic Catalog, Isaac Connolly OSB was still serving as Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Development. http://www.csbsju.edu/catalog/2003-2005/Appendices/Administration/Saint_Johns_University/004.htm
St. John’s Abbey Benedictine establishment at Collegeville, MN, the largest Benedictine monastery in the western world, adjacent to St. John’s University and St. John’s Preparatory School. At least 14 of the abbey’s nearly 200 monks have been credibly accused of … Continue reading