Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- St. John's Abbey monk moves to stop release of deposition
- Remember Rev. David Cawkwell?
- Archdiocese list includes St. John's Abbey monks
- (SC Times) St. John's should release all Backous files
- St. John's Prep principal charged with DWI
- Letter to Kettler: Warning to Area Students
- Abbot Kelly Covered Up Misconduct by Fr. Andert
- 2200 Local Students To Attend Mass in Collegeville
- Regarding Russ Bohaty
- St. John's community wonders about future
- Predatory Fundraising at Saint John's?
- Allegations at St. John’s University: Elder Abuse and Predatory Fundraising
- St. John's Abbey Suffers Relapse
- St. John's Prep principal could face DWI charge
- How Will Abbot Klassen Handle Reichert Matter?
- Saint John's Prep Principal Arrested
- Confrontation to conciliation: Deal shifts clergy abuse legal tactics
- Abuse survivors name St. John's Abbey in nuisance claim
- Victim sues Abbey, Diocese for its handling of abuse allegations
- St. Paul, Collegeville priests sex abuse alleged in new lawsuits
- New suits seek information on abusive priests in St. Cloud area
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Brennan Maiers
(SC Times) One name added to that list this week is Michael Bik, a former monk from St. John’s Abbey. Bik’s name appeared previously on a list of abbey monks with substantiated allegations of abuse against them. Bik was permanently … Continue reading
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
The following files were released on Monday, May 19, 2014:
More details are expected Monday about five monks from Saint John’s Abbey who are accused of sexually abusing children.
Since the 1930s, fifty (50) monks and ten (10) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct. 2002 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2011 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Archdiocese of St. Paul List… Here … Continue reading
(SC Times) The Diocese of Duluth on Tuesday released the names of 17 priests who it says were credibly accused of sexual abuse.
Three monks from St. John’s were named in a Diocese of Duluth report today.
The Diocese of Duluth today released a list of 17 of its former priests who have been determined to be credibly accused of sexually abusing children.
On December 9, 2013, Saint John’s Abbey released the names of eighteen current and former monks who “likely have offended against minors” [ View ]. The abbey’s list includes nine monks who currently live at the Benedictine monastery in Collegeville, Minnesota.
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
Released earlier today, the partial list of thirty (30) offending priests within the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis includes three monks from Saint John’s Abbey (bold, below).
Saint John’s Abbey has quietly admitted, via a revamped web site, that at least 23 members of its community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
According to the abbey’s own records, at least twenty-one priests from Saint John’s Abbey were assigned to St. Anselm’s and St. Benedict’s in the Bronx between 1939 and 1976. In the 1960’s, one of those Saint John’s Abbey priests, Fr. … Continue reading
Sister Anne Marie Biermaier’s Facebook profile has been pulled.
In 2006, the student newspaper at St. John’s featured an article [ View ] about sexual abuse by the monks at St. John’s Abbey. The article referenced research showing that “more monks will be named and more victims will come forward”. … Continue reading
I am posting this open letter to you because I wish to publicly acknowledge that the following monks have had credible allegations of sexual abuse, exploitation, or misconduct brought against them while they were working in one of the apostolates … Continue reading