Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- The List
- Visiting Monk: Rev. Michael Brunovsky, OSB
- Former Hastings priest to be tried this week in sex abuse case
- Abbey Silenced Alleged Tauscher Victim
- Hoefgen's Brother Also Perp Priest; Mom a Nun
- Police search St. John's Abbey for Hoefgen files
- Sister Irene Nowell and Abbot John Klassen to Speak
- Vulnerable Adult Victims Abandoned
- Tracking the Public Lists
- (KARE 11) Settlement May Shed New Light - Video
- 2 abbey priests leave jobs that involved the public
- Confidentiality Clauses No Longer In Effect
- St. John's Abbey/Prep clergy abuse settlement hits snag
- Father Licari Lied to Victim, Covered Up Abuse
- The 2015 List: Nineteen Names
- Rev. Anthony Ruff Still on SJU Staff
- (Star Tribune) St. John's Abbey to Open Sex-Abuse Files
- (MPR) In memoir, St. John's Abbey priest admits abusing high school student
- Tarlton Autobiography Excerpt #1
- (MPR) St. John's Abbey settles sex abuse suit
- (SC Times) Clergy Sex Abuse Lawsuit Settled
- (Star Tribune) Attorneys Say Settlement Reached
- Abbey Now Admits to 23 Monk Perpetrators
Category Archives: Othmar Hohmann
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John’s Abbey
“The credit for achieving this groundbreaking settlement rests with Doe 2, for having the courage to find his voice, stand up for truth and demand transparency with accountability,” said Jeff Anderson, one of Doe 2’s attorneys.
Since the 1930s, fifty-two (52) monks and eleven (12) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another nineteen (19) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
(SC Times) The Diocese of Duluth on Tuesday released the names of 17 priests who it says were credibly accused of sexual abuse.
Three monks from St. John’s were named in a Diocese of Duluth report today.
The Diocese of Duluth today released a list of 17 of its former priests who have been determined to be credibly accused of sexually abusing children.
As of December 20, 2013, at least four women have reported sexual abuse by Father Othmar Hohmann, OSB. In each report, the abuse occurred in the victim’s home.
Official Statement of December 9, 2013 Release of Names of Monks Who Likely Have Offended Against Minors
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
A clergy sex abuse victim has written a letter about suspected predators to 1,100 Minnesota Catholic parishioners, but their pastor claims the letter is “libelous.” In response, the victim is urging top church officials to oust the pastor for lying … Continue reading
In the January 20, 2013 bulletin for the Church of St. Joseph, Father Jerome Tupa attempts to address, as he promised he would last Sunday in mass, the letter that I sent to many of the parishioners (and others) in … Continue reading
Father Tupa knowingly lied to a congregation of Catholics attending mass in a diocesan building. Father Tupa knowingly defamed me. Father Tupa proved that he is willing go to any length, including slander, to cover-up decades of misconduct by members of … Continue reading
During the 10am mass on Sunday, January 13, 2013, Father Jerome Tupa addressed a letter sent to residents in and around St. Joseph, Minnesota. The letter discussed, among other things, recent allegations of sexual misconduct against Father Othmar Hohmann and Father … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The following letter was mailed via US Mail on January 7 and January 8 to over 1100 families in St. Joseph, Minnesota. It is a followup to an article on this web site dated July 19, 2010. The … Continue reading
The informational event planned for Sunday morning has been postponed due to inclement weather.
Patrick, I am very impressed with the courageous and articulate story in this woman’s letter. It is so similar a story to mine. As you know I was also in the Hansel and Gretel play; I was Gretel in the … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The following letter was notarized and sent to Bishop John Kinney (Diocese of Saint Cloud) of November 26, 2012. The letter was written by a woman who contacted this web site [ View ] on October 7, 2011. … Continue reading
Saint John’s Abbey has quietly admitted, via a revamped web site in the summer of 2012, that at least 23 members of its community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
In 1961, Saint John’s Abbey dedicated a new church in Collegeville, Minnesota [ More ]. That same year, at a parish in nearby St. Joseph, one of the monks from Saint John’s Abbey was molesting young girls.