Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Abbey Now Admits to 23 Monk Perpetrators
- Priests Files (PDFs) from the November 2015 File Release
- Sex offending monks have no contact with students … or do they?
- Bede Parry's Signed Statement
- Media Advisory: McDonald, Wollmering, Eckroth, Gillespie, Hoefgen Files
- Released Files: Rev. Gillespie's 1996 Removal from St. Joseph, Minnesota
- St. John's Abbey monk accused of abuse reports 200-plus sexual encounters
- Secret files on St. John's Abbey monks show hundreds of possible victims
- Vatican thwarts review boards, documents show
- St. John's Abbey monk accused of abuse reports 200 sexual encounters
- Settlement sparks release of monk files
- Abbot Kelly Covered Up Misconduct by Fr. Gillespie
- Abbey Statement on Release of Files
- Force of Habit
- The List
- Web Site Feedback
- Abbey leader says priest exonerated of molesting choirboy
- Another Accused Priest With Saint John's Ties
- Catholic Church Sex Abuse Survivors Frustrated By Pope Francis' US Visit, Lack Of Action
- The Perpetrator's Psalm
- ‘Incest’ best describes abuse by those you trust
- Rev. Anthony Ruff Still on SJU Staff
- INVESTIGATORS: A monk's message (Video)
- Andert, Taylor, Ward, Backous "Under Investigation"
Category Archives: Othmar Hohmann
According to the Diocese of St. Cloud web site [ View ] , “Bishop Donald Kettler will hold a series of listening sessions in August following allegations of sexual abuse committed by three priests of the diocese.”
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John’s Abbey
“The credit for achieving this groundbreaking settlement rests with Doe 2, for having the courage to find his voice, stand up for truth and demand transparency with accountability,” said Jeff Anderson, one of Doe 2’s attorneys.
The List: 85 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-three (53) monks and twelve (12) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. … Continue reading
(SC Times) The Diocese of Duluth on Tuesday released the names of 17 priests who it says were credibly accused of sexual abuse.
Three monks from St. John’s were named in a Diocese of Duluth report today.
The Diocese of Duluth today released a list of 17 of its former priests who have been determined to be credibly accused of sexually abusing children.
As of December 20, 2013, at least four women have reported sexual abuse by Father Othmar Hohmann, OSB. In each report, the abuse occurred in the victim’s home.
Official Statement of December 9, 2013 Release of Names of Monks Who Likely Have Offended Against Minors
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
A clergy sex abuse victim has written a letter about suspected predators to 1,100 Minnesota Catholic parishioners, but their pastor claims the letter is “libelous.” In response, the victim is urging top church officials to oust the pastor for lying … Continue reading
In the January 20, 2013 bulletin for the Church of St. Joseph, Father Jerome Tupa attempts to address, as he promised he would last Sunday in mass, the letter that I sent to many of the parishioners (and others) in … Continue reading
Father Tupa knowingly lied to a congregation of Catholics attending mass in a diocesan building. Father Tupa knowingly defamed me. Father Tupa proved that he is willing go to any length, including slander, to cover-up decades of misconduct by members of … Continue reading
During the 10am mass on Sunday, January 13, 2013, Father Jerome Tupa addressed a letter sent to residents in and around St. Joseph, Minnesota. The letter discussed, among other things, recent allegations of sexual misconduct against Father Othmar Hohmann and Father … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The following letter was mailed via US Mail on January 7 and January 8 to over 1100 families in St. Joseph, Minnesota. It is a followup to an article on this web site dated July 19, 2010. The … Continue reading
The informational event planned for Sunday morning has been postponed due to inclement weather.
Patrick, I am very impressed with the courageous and articulate story in this woman’s letter. It is so similar a story to mine. As you know I was also in the Hansel and Gretel play; I was Gretel in the … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The following letter was notarized and sent to Bishop John Kinney (Diocese of Saint Cloud) of November 26, 2012. The letter was written by a woman who contacted this web site [ View ] on October 7, 2011. … Continue reading
Saint John’s Abbey quietly admitted, via a revamped web site in the summer of 2012, that at least 23 members of its community had been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.