Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Peace and Justice / Death Row / Sullivan / Schulte
- Misconduct in St. Joseph, MN
- Letter: Sexual Misconduct and the Church of Saint Joseph, MN
- Rev. Finian McDonald's Obituary: More Deception
- The secret bootlegging history of Stearns County
- Man convicted of sexual abuse to face child rape charge in Mass
- Matthew Feeney to stand trial in Massachusetts
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Victims abused by Minnesota casting director awarded more than $2 million
- 2 Victims Sexually Abused by Minnesota Casting Director Awarded $2.1 Million
- Lawsuit Filed re Father Doug Mullin, OSB
- Nine Monks Among Claims Against the Diocese of St. Cloud
- Rubén Rosario: 800 claims and counting as child sex-abuse law nears expiration
- Diocese served with dozens of lawsuits
- 10 Years Later, Abbot Klassen Still Hiding Abuse Claims
- We must share concern for all innocent people victimized by abusers or accusers
- Priest Accused Of Sexual Abuse, Again
- St. John's Monk Accused Of Abuse
- Lawsuits Accuse Backous of Abuse
- Another St. John’s Priest Accused Of Abuse
- Media Advisory Regarding Michael Bik
- Suit Names Former Prep School Teacher
- Statement Regarding Timothy Backous
- Allegations of sexual misconduct bring two monks under investigation
- The List
- Father Andert Removed from Prep School's Melk Reunion Page
- St. John’s Abbey Hit With Two New Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
Category Archives: Tim Backous
(SC Times) Two lawsuits filed Thursday in Stearns County accuse former St. John’s Prep headmaster Rev. Timothy Backous of sexually abusing two children, one in the early 1980s and another in 1990.
My name is Patricia Chiapusio-Riedl. My son was a member of the St John’s Boys Choir in 1990. In June of 1990 I went with the Boys Choir as a chaperone on their summer tour to Europe. We left on … Continue reading
St. Cloud, Minn. (KNSI) A recently reinstated priest at St. John’s Abbey, who was cleared of sexual abuse allegations in an internal investigation, is being named in two civil lawsuits, and is again being accused of abuse.
A list of questions for the open forum “regarding sexual abuse” to be held at 3:00pm today on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota.
[Webmaster’s Note: This opinion piece was written for the Duluth News Tribune by The Rev. William C. Graham, a close friend and partner of Father Timothy Backous, OSB.]
DULUTH, Minn. — A priest who was accused of molesting a choirboy during a European tour in 1990 has been exonerated in a third-party investigation, according to the abbot of his monastery. But an advocate for victims of sexual abuse … Continue reading
An investigation into misconduct by Father Tom Andert is reportedly underway [ Link ]. The results of three previously announced “investigations” into alleged abuse by three monk perpetrators (Fathers Dan Ward, Mel Taylor and Timothy Backous) have yet to be … Continue reading
On Wednesday, six brave staff members at the Saint John’s Preparatory School took a stand. The six: Jennifer Whitehead – Guidance/Counseling Sally Battig – Executive Administrative Assistant to the Headmaster Jeffrey R Engholm – Music Teacher Sandra L. Ernst – Student Accounts and Records Mary Jo … Continue reading
The St. Cloud Times reported June 11 that the ex-headmaster of St. John’s Preparatory School was accused of sexual abuse. “The allegations of inappropriate contact by the Rev. Timothy Backous surfaced in a letter sent May 31 by Chris and … Continue reading
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
On November 27, 2014, after an accident and field sobriety test, Saint John’s Preparatory School principal Matt Reichert was arrested [ News ] by the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department [ Booking ]. Reichert [ Prep Profile ] was reportedly heading home following a Prep School faculty social at Partners … Continue reading
According to the Saint Cloud Times [ Link ] and Stearns County Sheriff, Saint John’s Preparatory School principal Matt Reichert [ View ] was arrested on Wednesday night after an accident and field sobriety test.
The results of concurrent investigations by his former employer, the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and Saint John’s Abbey have yet to be released, but that hasn’t stopped accused monk/priest Timothy Backous from updating his Facebook page to include … Continue reading
According to documents from the Woodside Priory web site, Father Timothy Backous is no longer a trustee at the Portola Valley, CA, school for students in grade six through twelve.
[Webmaster’s Note: Rev. Timothy Backous is a credibly accused monk/priest from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, MN.] Moral theology is a constantly changing landscape of serious reflection on how to live rightly, whether as an individual or as a society. … Continue reading
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE – St. John’s Abbey Abbot John Klassen this week defended his response to clergy sex abuse allegations, issuing a statement that says the abbey strives for transparency and the truth, even when allegations against a monk are … Continue reading
Dear SJP Community, Recent news stories about clergy misconduct, and especially those involving monks from Saint John’s Abbey, have prompted questions and concerns from many of the people who care most deeply about Saint John’s Abbey, Saint John’s Prep and … Continue reading
The Diocese of Duluth, for its part, produced a letter of recommendation from the Abbot John Klassen, whose flip-flops and vacillations have become legendary. Any eight-year old could tell the Diocese was dissembling and passing-the-buck. Throughout my lifetime any ordinary … Continue reading
(Duluth News Tribune) A Benedictine priest has been placed on administrative leave from Essentia Health and has been asked to discontinue assisting at St. Michael’s parish in Duluth after allegations resurfaced that he sexually molested a boy during a choir … Continue reading
STATEMENT FROM ESSENTIA HEALTH Following renewed accusations of misconduct alleged to have occurred over 20 years ago, Fr. Tim Backous offered to take leave from his current role as VP, Mission Integration and Benedictine Sponsorship for Essentia Health.