Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- The List
- Eleven SJP Grads Among Monk Perpetrators
- Reports surface of ‘sex competition’ in Patrick Hall
- CSB/SJU community demands action after allegation of 'sex competition' among St. John's students
- CSB, SJU Investigate Alleged Sex Competition (AP)
- CSB/SJU investigating allegations of 'sex competition' run by male students
- St. John's Boys' Choir completes investigation into sexual misconduct allegation
- Stearns County football coach under investigation resigns
- Former Kimball coach shares story following closed investigation
- Tim Nahan Press Conference
- Minnesota high school football coach being investigated after complaint
- Grandson of college coaching legend John Gagliardi on leave
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- The Saint John’s Bible: Final Pages Unveiled
- Sister Anne Marie Biermaier Made Aware of Allegations
- St. Ben's Response Self-Serving
- Biermaier Removes Facebook Page
- 103rd Accused... Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Photos of Sister Ann Marie Biermaier
- Notice to NCYC Alumnae and Parents/Guardians
- Joint Statement
- Stearns County Press Release
- Andre' Louis Heywood on Academic Leave
Category Archives: Tim Backous
(Fox 9) Abbot John Klassen, of St. John’s Abbey, described the sexual abuse allegations leveled against a former St. John’s Prep School headmaster “unsubstantiated” as he defended the integrity of Rev. Timothy Backous — and the victim’s family says that’s … Continue reading
STATEMENT OF BISHOP ANDREW COZZENS REGARDING FATHER TIMOTHY BACKOUS, O.S.B. June 11, 2014
(MPR) A former member of a central Minnesota boys’ choir says a priest at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville abused him while on a trip to Europe more than two decades ago.
(City Pages) In March, two top Catholic Church officials in Minnesota sat down with the editorial board of the St. Cloud Times to discuss the ongoing clergy sex abuse scandal. Bishop Donald Kettler of the St. Cloud Diocese and Abbot … Continue reading
Are we to understand that saying we’re sorry is appropriate only because it’s the correct legal or political posture? Can’t genuine human sorrow and embarrassment be seen as a strength?
But now, just a short time later, we are left to face our failure from a startling new perspective: we must must accept it as our own. We have no one to hide behind, no one to blame, no one … Continue reading
(SC Times) St. John’s Abbey Abbot John Klassen on Tuesday called allegations of inappropriate sexual contact by a former St. John’s Prep School headmaster against a former member of the St. John’s Boys’ Choir unsubstantiated and defended his integrity and … Continue reading
Father Timothy “Timo” Backous, OSB Unofficial DRAFT Background View as a PDF… Here
Statement from Abbot John Klassen, 10 June 2014:
May 31, 2014 Most Reverend John Neinstedt D.D., S.T.D. Office of the Archbishop 266 Summit Avenue Saint Paul, MN 55102
The List: 104 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-eight (58) monks and thirteen (13) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another thirty-two (32) individuals with strong ties to St. John’s have … Continue reading
According to Father David Ostrowski, former Saint John’s Abbey monk and current priest with the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis: “We have to rid our church of these mentally ill men and we also have to hold those who covered it … Continue reading
According to the October 13, 2013 Immaculate Heart of Mary bulletin [ View ]:
Father Timothy Backous, OSB, has been appointed Essentia Health’s Vice President of Mission Integration and Benedictine Sponsorship. Father Tim will focus the majority of his time on the Catholic hospitals of the Twin Ports, but also will support and coordinate … Continue reading
The following is taken from the transcript of a call between the Stearns County Sheriff Department (SCSD) and Saint John’s Life Safety (SJLS) on June 29, 2013 at 12:19pm.
Fr. Jonathan Licari, OSB, has been chosen as the next headmaster for St. John’s Prep school.
In chapter seven of his Rule, Saint Benedict uses the Gospel of Matthew to concretize his teachings on humility: “In truth, those who are patient amid hardships and unjust treatment are fulfilling the Lord’s command: When struck on one cheek, … Continue reading
“We all regret the fact that it happened because of the injury it caused, and I think the monastery is very determined to make sure that message is front and center.” – Father Timothy Backous – November, 2012
Saint John’s Abbey quietly admitted, via a revamped web site in the summer of 2012, that at least 23 members of its community had been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
The most shocking thing about Saint John’s list of eighteen monk offenders… at least nine of the men on the list remain on campus today.