Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Regarding Schulte, Puerto Rico and Rey Rivera
- Southern Fried Homicide (Rivera/Schulte)
- Regarding Michelle Soldo Consulting / Backous
- MPR: Betrayed By Silence
- St. John's abbot reacts to abuse response criticism
- Monk Perpetrator Has Secret Identity… To Sell Online
- Message from Abbot John Klassen
- Opinion: DELIVERANCE (Duluth)
- 1969: "The New Direction" at Saint Scholastica (Duluth)
- 1969: St. Scholastica and Sexual Abuse (Duluth)
- 1971: Juvenile Court Used for Adult (Duluth)
- Priest on leave from Essentia, St. Michael's parish after allegations aired
- Backous on Failure
- Ex-Hastings priest living in Anoka County named in abuse suit
- Minnetonka priest’s tenant is ex-priest who abused teen
- Releasing names of priests accused of abuse will not end pressure on church
- Clergy Misconduct Lawsuit Targets St. John's Abbey (Video)
- Family accuses Ex-St. John's Prep headmaster of abuse
- Letter to Catholic Church officials calls for Father Timothy Backous' removal from ministry
- Abbot John Klassen defends former St. John's headmaster accused of abuse
- Clergy abuse allegation surfaces against ex-St. John's Prep headmaster
- St. John's Abbey responds to lawsuit announcement
- Former St. John's Abbey monk accused of abusing boy
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Paul Richards
May 31, 2014 Most Reverend John Neinstedt D.D., S.T.D. Office of the Archbishop 266 Summit Avenue Saint Paul, MN 55102
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
[Webmaster's Note: The following text is from the Benedictine Volunteers Bahamas web site [ View ]. Father Mel Taylor left the Bahamas after being confronted at a Nassau church on June 3, 2012 [ View ] after Archbishop Patrick Pinder … Continue reading
The following is a list of Saint John’s monks with credible allegations of misconduct who served in the Bahamas.
Since Holy Wisdom Monastery is an ecumenical monastery without juridical status in the Roman Catholic Church, it should be clear that neither the liturgy, teaching, or governance at Holy Wisdom Monastery is part of the Catholic Church.
When the sisters disassociated from Rome, Bishop Morlino asked them to no longer celebrate Mass at the site so as not to cause confusion, said Brent King, a diocesan spokesman. [Webmaster's Note: According to a recent article [ View ] … Continue reading
Brother Paul looks forward to returning to Holy Wisdom Monastery after his trip to Africa and continuing his quest for balance, so he can return to St. John’s energized and ready to jump back into his community life and work.
According to a July 8, 2011 article in the St. Cloud Visitor, Brother Eric Pohlman, a 29-year-old junior monk at the abbey… 1. … felt called to Benedictine living and sought out St. John’s 2. … because it was a … Continue reading
Abbot John Klassen has removed Br. Paul Richards as director of formation at Saint John’s Abbey. The removal may have occurred on October 8, 2011. According to the abbey’s web site, Br. Richards no longer serves as spokesperson for the Benedictine abbey. … Continue reading
[Note: Since the New York Post article regarding former Abbot Timothy Kelly (below) was published on June 7, 2011, other stories of abuse and misconduct have been shared. "Fr. Tim," as Timothy Kelly was known in the late 60's wasn't … Continue reading
St. John’s Abbey spokesman, Brother Paul Richards, said abbey officials were just learning about the allegations. He had no other comment.
[Webmaster's Note: In July of 1987, Br. Paul Richards took the St. John's Boys' Choir to Conception Abbey in Missouri where the members performed and stayed overnight. The director of the Conception Abbey Boy Choir at the time was Fr. … Continue reading
(CNN) – As a young man studying for the priesthood, Patrick Wall imagined life as a professor and football coach at a Catholic university. It didn’t work out that way. Two decades later, Wall has not only left the Catholic Church, … Continue reading
(Star Tribune) A New York man is suing St. John’s Abbey and the Order of St. Benedict in Collegeville, Minn., alleging a former abbot sexually abused him decades ago at a Bronx church.
“Hospitality runs rampant within the St. John’s Abbey and, as a music major, this is clear at student recitals, largely attended by the monks in support of the students.”
Br. Paul Richards, sub-prior and spokesperson for Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota recently commented [ View ] on allegations of misconduct by Fr. Francisco Schulte after a lawsuit was filed against Fr. Schulte in Puerto Rico on Monday, alleging abuse … Continue reading
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A Puerto Rican man who claims he was sexually abused by a priest affiliated with a Minnesota abbey filed a lawsuit Monday against his alleged abuser and the religious order that runs the abbey.