Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Remember Rev. David Cawkwell?
- Archdiocese list includes St. John's Abbey monks
- (SC Times) St. John's should release all Backous files
- St. John's Prep principal charged with DWI
- Letter to Kettler: Warning to Area Students
- Abbot Kelly Covered Up Misconduct by Fr. Andert
- 2200 Local Students To Attend Mass in Collegeville
- Regarding Russ Bohaty
- St. John's community wonders about future
- Predatory Fundraising at Saint John's?
- Allegations at St. John’s University: Elder Abuse and Predatory Fundraising
- St. John's Abbey Suffers Relapse
- St. John's Prep principal could face DWI charge
- How Will Abbot Klassen Handle Reichert Matter?
- Saint John's Prep Principal Arrested
- Confrontation to conciliation: Deal shifts clergy abuse legal tactics
- Abuse survivors name St. John's Abbey in nuisance claim
- Victim sues Abbey, Diocese for its handling of abuse allegations
- St. Paul, Collegeville priests sex abuse alleged in new lawsuits
- New suits seek information on abusive priests in St. Cloud area
- SJU QB's Threat Case Referred to SCAO in 2012
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Roman Paur
Br. Bede Parry from Conception Abbey in Missouri attended the St. John’s University School of Theology between 1979 and 1982. During his second year, Br. Parry pursued a college freshman, twenty years his junior, who was interested in music and … Continue reading
According to multiple credible sources, several of the monks at Saint John’s have fathered children.
While attending the School of Theology, I lived with the other monks at Saint John’s. There was an awareness of my misconduct among the other monks. In addition to Fr. Roman Paur and Fr. Finian McDonald, Fr. Rene McGraw also … Continue reading
On October 21, 2011 a judge in Nodaway County, Missouri dismissed Conception Abbey’s motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought against the Abbey by one of Fr. Bede Parry’s victims. Fr. Parry was a visiting monk at Saint John’s Abbey from … Continue reading
Recently, visitors to the web site have provided information about Fr. Dan Ward, Fr. Othmar Hohmann, Fr. Agustin Cerezo, Br. Bernie Friedl, Fr. Timothy Kelly, Fr. Robert Koopman, Br. Paschal Brisson, Fr. Bruce Wollmering, Fr. Ian Dommer, Fr. Francisco Schulte, … Continue reading
[Webmaster’s Note: The misconduct in this new lawsuit began in 1982. It should be noted that Bede Parry, the monk named in this lawsuit, engaged in misconduct with a St. John’s student in 1981 [ View ] while attending the … Continue reading
Below is the most recent list of the Saint John’s Abbey Senior Council members. The council’s role is similar to that of a board of directors to a corporation. Fr. Tom Andert: Born 1947 in Saint Paul, entered the monastery … Continue reading
If the Abbey wants to take credit for ISTI, then it needs to be open about what actually happened, which is that the effort simply dissolved once the actual issues began to be addressed. – Elisabeth Horst, former ISTI Advisory Member
The Interfaith Sexual Trauma Institute (“ISTI”) was, and continues to be a public relations tool for St. John’s in Collegeville, Minnesota. Further, its leadership, including (former) Abbot Timothy Kelly, Br. Dietrich Reinhart, Fr. Roman Paur and (current) Abbot John Klassen have … Continue reading
I debated writing anything for weeks, because of not wanting to join one “side” — what was always best about ISTI was the intention to include all voices — but having perused your website pretty thoroughly, I don’t find anything … Continue reading
Important people come and go, live and die, emperors, popes, presidents. But we are especially grateful to Abbot Timothy, a giant among us, whom we can call by name and recognize as a friend.
Dean of Men and Vice President of Student Affairs Angelo Zankl, OSB 1935-1938 Walter Reger, OSB 1938-1943 Baldwin Dworschak, OSB 1943-1944 Walter Reger, OSB 1944-1947 Adelard Thuente, OSB 1947-1948
When individuals of any community fail in their integrity, everyone is a victim and everyone suffers. Nowhere is this more evident than when clergy and religious compromise leadership and violate their trust through sexual misconduct. – Roman Paur
When individuals of any community fail in thier integrity, everyone is a victim and everyone suffers. Nowhere is this more evident than when clergy and religious compromise leadership and violate their trust through sexual misconduct and other forms of power … Continue reading
With the announcement of its official name, the Interfaith Sexual Trauma Institute (ISTI), and the naming of its executive director, Father Roman Paur, the board of directors of the institute began its 3 May planning meeting.