Traffic ReportVisitors Today: 600
Past Year: 147076
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Archdiocese List Includes Three Abbey Monks
- Judge orders St. Paul archdiocese, Winona diocese, to release lists of accused priests
- Misconduct in St. Joseph, MN
- Administrative Histories - Saint John's University
- Administrative History - Saint John's Abbey
- Administrative History - Saint John's Prep
- Hoefgen's Housemate: Perps are Mentally Ill (Video)
- Minnetonka priest’s tenant is ex-priest who abused teen
- Archdiocese Statement Regarding Francis Hoefgen
- Documents: Stearns priest investigation file destroyed in routine purge
- Father David Ostrowski Background
- Ex-Hastings priest living in Anoka County named in abuse suit
- Saint Luke Institute (1978 Brochure)
- Filed Complaint re Hoefgen Matter
- Photos of Father Fran Hoefgen, OSB
- Archdiocese Facing New Allegations Of Priest Abuse
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Richard Eckroth
The following is a list of Saint John’s monks with credible allegations of misconduct who served in the Bahamas.
Recently, visitors to the web site have provided information about Fr. Dan Ward, Fr. Othmar Hohmann, Fr. Agustin Cerezo, Br. Bernie Friedl, Fr. Timothy Kelly, Fr. Robert Koopman, Br. Paschal Brisson, Fr. Bruce Wollmering, Fr. Ian Dommer, Fr. Francisco Schulte, … Continue reading
Since 1940, at least 50 members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse or misconduct. An equal or greater number of men participated in the coverup of misconduct. The issues and conversations related to sexual abuse … Continue reading
April 20, 1934 – Thomas Daniel Kelly born in Milwaukee, WI Grades 1 – 6: Public Schools in Minneapolis, MN Grades 7 & 8: Annunciation Parish School in Minneapolis, MN High School: St. Thomas Military Academy in St. Paul, MN … Continue reading
In 2006, the student newspaper at St. John’s featured an article [ View ] about sexual abuse by the monks at St. John’s Abbey. The article referenced research showing that “more monks will be named and more victims will come forward”. … Continue reading
I am posting this open letter to you because I wish to publicly acknowledge that the following monks have had credible allegations of sexual abuse, exploitation, or misconduct brought against them while they were working in one of the apostolates … Continue reading
When Fr. Thomas Gillespie was yanked from the church on February 23, 1996, replacement priest Fr. Dan Ward and Abbot Timothy Kelly refused to provide an honest answer — the real reason — for Fr. Gillespie’s removal. According to the … Continue reading
I will recall in this letter as much as I can about Fr. Richard and what I remember about going to his cabin. As I reflect back on that time I cannot remember my exact age, but from photos and … Continue reading
(Fox 9) ST. PAUL, Minn. – A man who says he was sexually abused by an instructor at St. John’s Preparatory School in Collegeville is filing a Ramsey County lawsuit against the school, the religious order of monks that runs … Continue reading
For decades, a group of monks at St. John’s Abbey operated a sex abuse ring. Boys as young as 9 were victimized, as were teenage boys and girls. But most of the victims were novice monks – high school and … Continue reading
This page has been combined with another page and moved here.
St. John’s Abbey Benedictine establishment at Collegeville, MN, the largest Benedictine monastery in the western world, adjacent to St. John’s University and St. John’s Preparatory School. At least 14 of the abbey’s nearly 200 monks have been credibly accused of … Continue reading
This letter was written September 30, 2007 to Lee Hanley, a public relations person at St. John’s and an old friend. I had received numerous complaints about my alma mater from around the country. I wanted it to get to … Continue reading
Accused clergy remain at St. John’s Abbey, schools Abbot releases information to end ‘culture of secrecy’ that aids abuse
A Minneapolis man who accuses St. John’s Abbey of “harboring pedophiles” has filed a court action demanding the removal of 11 monks and priests from St. John’s property.
COLLEGEVILLE — He’s the man they call on to get the job done whether on the farm, with soon-to-be monks, in the chemistry department or now as head of the St. John’s monastery.
This letter responds to your article “Scandal at the abbey” (NCR, Dec. 13). I am a brother to Benedictine Fr. Richard Eckroth, who received the most coverage of 11 monks accused of sexual abuse in your article. He is one … Continue reading
* The two articles that appeared in recent issues reporting on the response of St. John’s Abbey to allegations of sexual abuse were generally accurate and fair (NCR, Dec. 13 and 27). However, in an accompanying article headlined “Father is … Continue reading
Ed Vessel said he was “disinvited” to the Oct. 1 news conference at which St. John’s Abbey and Jeffrey Anderson, attorney for victims of sexual abuse by abbey monks, jointly announced a broad financial settlement of claims against the abbey.