Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Lawsuit Filed re Father Doug Mullin, OSB
- Nine Monks Among Claims Against the Diocese of St. Cloud
- Rubén Rosario: 800 claims and counting as child sex-abuse law nears expiration
- Diocese served with dozens of lawsuits
- 10 Years Later, Abbot Klassen Still Hiding Abuse Claims
- We must share concern for all innocent people victimized by abusers or accusers
- Priest Accused Of Sexual Abuse, Again
- St. John's Monk Accused Of Abuse
- Lawsuits Accuse Backous of Abuse
- Another St. John’s Priest Accused Of Abuse
- Media Advisory Regarding Michael Bik
- Suit Names Former Prep School Teacher
- Statement Regarding Timothy Backous
- Allegations of sexual misconduct bring two monks under investigation
- The List
- Father Andert Removed from Prep School's Melk Reunion Page
- St. John’s Abbey Hit With Two New Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- Ex-prior abused St. John's Prep students
- Andert Named in Two Lawsuits
- Abbey Admits: Andert Victim Never Interviewed
- San Antonio Abad se distancia de abuso sexual
- Abbey Statement Regarding Father Tom Andert
- Pavilion blessed, Eucharistic devotions stressed at dedication
- St. John's Abbey to return $2 million from Petters
- St. John's Abbey to return $2 million from Petters
- Saint John's Abbey Returns Gift
- St. John's monks vote to return $2M Petters gift, rename building
Category Archives: Richard Eckroth
On January 19, 2016, Abbot John Klassen and Saint John’s Abbey released and made available to the public the files of eighteen monk offenders.
*** Rev. Richard Eckroth Timeline | Key Documents | File 1 | File 2 | File 3 *** Rev. Thomas Gillespie Timeline | Key Documents | File 1 *** Rev. Francis Hoefgen Timeline | Key Documents | File 1 *** Rev. Finian McDonald Timeline | Key Documents | File 1 | … Continue reading
(Star Tribune) One priest reported 200 sexual encounters, including some with students at St. John’s University and prep school. Another recorded the names of dozens of boys he brought to a cabin, some of whom he sexually abused. Another abuser … Continue reading
(SC Times) ST. PAUL — The personnel files of five St. John’s Abbey monks were released Tuesday as part of the settlement of a lawsuit against the abbey and one of its monks.
(StarTribune) The first batch of personnel files on monks accused of sex abuse at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville were released Tuesday, in which a former counselor and dormitory prefect at St. John’s University reported having 200 sexual encounters — … Continue reading
Release the files of five St. John’s monks accused of sexually abusing children.
According to the Diocese of St. Cloud web site [ View ] , “Bishop Donald Kettler will hold a series of listening sessions in August following allegations of sexual abuse committed by three priests of the diocese.”
Despite the abbey’s well-researched decisions to add Father Richard Eckroth’s name to several lists of monk with allegations of sexual abuse involving minors [ View ], the abbey’s obituary for Father Eckroth [ View ] made no mention of his misconduct.
(SC Times) St. John’s Abbey monk the Rev. Richard Eckroth, who was repeatedly accused of sexually abusing children, died Sunday at the abbey. He was 88.
ST. CLOUD, Minn. (KMSP) – A St. John’s monk suspected of sexually abusing several children died on Sunday at the age of 88. Father Richard Eckroth is on a list of credibly accused clerics from St. John’s Abbey and the … Continue reading
Father Richard Eckroth, a monk from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota (USA) reportedly died at 4:25pm on Sunday in the abbey’s retirement home. Eckroth’s funeral is scheduled for 3pm on Friday, May 29, 2015. Father Richard Eckroth is one of the … Continue reading
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John’s Abbey
“The credit for achieving this groundbreaking settlement rests with Doe 2, for having the courage to find his voice, stand up for truth and demand transparency with accountability,” said Jeff Anderson, one of Doe 2’s attorneys.
(KARE 11) ST. PAUL, Minn. — A group of clergy abuse survivors Thursday filed a public nuisance lawsuit against St. John’s Abbey and the Diocese of St. Cloud, claiming those organizations aren’t doing enough to police priests who’ve been credibly … Continue reading
(MPR) St. John’s did not name the other five at that time, and it is not clear if they are among the names on the list released in December. St. John’s officials have declined to explain the discrepancy.
(Pioneer Press) St. John’s Abbey and two clerics — one who worked at the Church of St. Bernard in St. Paul — were sued Thursday by men claiming they suffered sexual abuse as children.
(SC Times) ST. PAUL – A lawsuit filed Thursday in Stearns County District Court accuses St. John’s Abbey and the Diocese of St. Cloud of creating a public nuisance with their handling of clergy sex abuse allegations against their priests … Continue reading
The following files were released on Monday, May 19, 2014:
(StarTribune) The clergy sex abuse lawsuit against the Twin Cities archdiocese headed northwest Monday, when documents related to child abuse by five monks at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minn., were released and a lawsuit was filed to pry open … Continue reading
(SC Times) St. Paul attorney Jeff Anderson is expected to file a sexual abuse lawsuit against St. John’s Abbey and one of its monks, Richard Eckroth on Monday.