Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Catholic Church Sex Abuse Survivors Frustrated By Pope Francis' US Visit, Lack Of Action
- The Perpetrator's Psalm
- ‘Incest’ best describes abuse by those you trust
- Rev. Anthony Ruff Still on SJU Staff
- INVESTIGATORS: A monk's message (Video)
- Andert, Taylor, Ward, Backous "Under Investigation"
- The List
- Gagliardi: Knowledge of Misconduct Since 1950's
- No. 2 Leader at St. John's Abbey Steps Aside on Abuse Claim
- Photos: Saint John's Prep
- Klassen to Saint John’s Friends, Faculty and Staff
- Longtime leader at St. John's Abbey accused of sex abuse
- (MPR) Monastery prior steps aside pending investigation
- Prep School Staff Members Take a Stand
- Questionable Data Used as Basis for Prep School Press Release
- Kettler to Address Some, Not All, Perps
- Andert Will Attend Reunion This Weekend, His Victim Will Not
- Tarlton's Perp?
- Abbey Releases Eckroth Obituary Minus Allegations
- Monk repeatedly accused of sex abuse dies at abbey
- St. John's monk accused of sexual abuse dies at 88
- Jury acquits ex-priest accused of sexual abuse in Hastings church
- Father Richard Eckroth Dies; Abbey Silent
Category Archives: Fran Hoefgen
According to the Diocese of St. Cloud web site [ View ] , “Bishop Donald Kettler will hold a series of listening sessions in August following allegations of sexual abuse committed by three priests of the diocese.”
“Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime occurred 24-26 years ago without significant corroborating physical evidence of the crime itself is always a difficult task,” Backstrom said. “Without such corroborating evidence the jury must render its decision based primarily … Continue reading
A former Hastings priest accused of sexual abuse 25 years ago is set to go on trial this week.
An investigator from the Hastings Police Department served a search warrant last week at St. John’s Abbey in connection with the prosecution of former abbey monk Fran Hoefgen.
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John’s Abbey
“The credit for achieving this groundbreaking settlement rests with Doe 2, for having the courage to find his voice, stand up for truth and demand transparency with accountability,” said Jeff Anderson, one of Doe 2’s attorneys.
(SC Times) One name added to that list this week is Michael Bik, a former monk from St. John’s Abbey. Bik’s name appeared previously on a list of abbey monks with substantiated allegations of abuse against them. Bik was permanently … Continue reading
A priest accused of repeatedly raping a Hastings altar boy in the late 1980s and early ’90s pleaded not guilty in a Dakota County courtroom Friday.
Last week, we received a tip from a former parishioner that admitted child molester Fran Hoefgen lived with Father David Ostrowski at the Church of the Holy Cross rectory in Minneapolis around 2005. In 2005, Fran Hoefgen was still a priest … Continue reading
(StarTribune) A onetime priest at a Catholic parish in Hastings was charged Wednesday with repeatedly sexually abusing an altar boy in the late 1980s and into early 1990s, acts that allegedly occurred after he was removed from a central Minnesota … Continue reading
(SC Times) A former St. John’s Abbey monk who then served St. Cloud diocese as a priest was charged Wednesday in Dakota County, accused of sexually abusing an altar boy in Hastings.
According to archdiocesan priest Rev. David Ostrowski, former Saint John’s priest Fran Hoefgen is “not a pedophile.” Rev. David Ostrowski and Fran Hoefgen live together in Columbia Heights.
(KMSP / Fox 9) – Former Rev. Francis Hoefgen was charged Wednesday in Dakota County with two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with allegations he sexually abused a former altar boy.
In an October, 31, 1992 letter to Rev. Kevin McDonough, Abbot Jerome Theisen from Saint John’s Abbey wrote:
NOTICE OF PRESS CONFERENCE 2:00 P.M. TODAY IN HASTINGS FORMER CATHOLIC PRIEST TO BE CHARGED WITH SEXUAL ABUSE IN DAKOTA COUNTY
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis released the following statement Tuesday:
The following files were released on Monday, May 19, 2014:
According to a 2002 St. Paul Pioneer Press article: “Although the Rev. Francis Hoefgen admitted to police in 1984 that he had sexual encounters with a teenager in the St. Cloud area, the Stearns County Attorney’s Office did not prosecute the … Continue reading
More details are expected Monday about five monks from Saint John’s Abbey who are accused of sexually abusing children.