Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Southern Fried Homicide (Rivera/Schulte)
- Rev. Ian Dommer Removed from Prep School
- Regarding Michelle Soldo Consulting / Backous
- MPR: Betrayed By Silence
- St. John's abbot reacts to abuse response criticism
- Monk Perpetrator Has Secret Identity… To Sell Online
- Message from Abbot John Klassen
- Opinion: DELIVERANCE (Duluth)
- 1969: "The New Direction" at Saint Scholastica (Duluth)
- 1969: St. Scholastica and Sexual Abuse (Duluth)
- 1971: Juvenile Court Used for Adult (Duluth)
- Priest on leave from Essentia, St. Michael's parish after allegations aired
- Backous on Failure
- Ex-Hastings priest living in Anoka County named in abuse suit
- Minnetonka priest’s tenant is ex-priest who abused teen
- Releasing names of priests accused of abuse will not end pressure on church
- Clergy Misconduct Lawsuit Targets St. John's Abbey (Video)
- Family accuses Ex-St. John's Prep headmaster of abuse
- Letter to Catholic Church officials calls for Father Timothy Backous' removal from ministry
- Abbot John Klassen defends former St. John's headmaster accused of abuse
- Clergy abuse allegation surfaces against ex-St. John's Prep headmaster
- St. John's Abbey responds to lawsuit announcement
- Former St. John's Abbey monk accused of abusing boy
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Fran Hoefgen
Last week, we received a tip from a former parishioner that admitted child molester Fran Hoefgen lived with Father David Ostrowski at the Church of the Holy Cross rectory in Minneapolis around 2005. In 2005, Fran Hoefgen was still a priest … Continue reading
(StarTribune) A onetime priest at a Catholic parish in Hastings was charged Wednesday with repeatedly sexually abusing an altar boy in the late 1980s and into early 1990s, acts that allegedly occurred after he was removed from a central Minnesota … Continue reading
(SC Times) A former St. John’s Abbey monk who then served St. Cloud diocese as a priest was charged Wednesday in Dakota County, accused of sexually abusing an altar boy in Hastings.
According to archdiocesan priest Rev. David Ostrowski, former Saint John’s priest Fran Hoefgen is “not a pedophile.” Rev. David Ostrowski and Fran Hoefgen live together in Columbia Heights.
(KMSP / Fox 9) – Former Rev. Francis Hoefgen was charged Wednesday in Dakota County with two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with allegations he sexually abused a former altar boy.
In an October, 31, 1992 letter to Rev. Kevin McDonough, Abbot Jerome Theisen from Saint John’s Abbey wrote:
NOTICE OF PRESS CONFERENCE 2:00 P.M. TODAY IN HASTINGS FORMER CATHOLIC PRIEST TO BE CHARGED WITH SEXUAL ABUSE IN DAKOTA COUNTY
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis released the following statement Tuesday:
The following files were released on Monday, May 19, 2014:
According to a 2002 St. Paul Pioneer Press article: “Although the Rev. Francis Hoefgen admitted to police in 1984 that he had sexual encounters with a teenager in the St. Cloud area, the Stearns County Attorney’s Office did not prosecute the … Continue reading
More details are expected Monday about five monks from Saint John’s Abbey who are accused of sexually abusing children.
Since the 1930s, fifty (50) monks and ten (10) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
(CityPages) For four years he went into Minnesota parishes that were either struggling financially, or from sexual abuse allegations, and helped smooth things over. Then his conscience caught up with him.
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct. 2002 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2011 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Archdiocese of St. Paul List… Here … Continue reading
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
Released earlier today, the partial list of thirty (30) offending priests within the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis includes three monks from Saint John’s Abbey (bold, below).
Father Fran Hoefgen’s brother, Rev. Raymond J. Hoefgen, was credibly accused of sexual misconduct involving minors in 2002. His mother, Elva Hoefgen, joined Saint Benedict’s Monastery in St. Joseph, Minnesota in 1980.
A Catholic priest in Minnetonka who told his parishioners two weeks ago that the church needs to rid itself of priests involved in sexual misconduct and “hold those who covered it up very much accountable” has been renting his townhouse … Continue reading
(KARE 11) In his latest John Doe sex abuse lawsuit, attorney Jeffrey Anderson targets a former Twin Cities priest and the order he belonged to until 2011, based at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
(SC Times) The file containing details of the investigation into allegations of sexual abuse by the Rev. Fran Hoefgen likely was destroyed in the 1990s as part of a routine purging of records from cases in which no charges were … Continue reading