Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Statement Regarding Timothy Backous
- Allegations of sexual misconduct bring two monks under investigation
- The List
- Father Andert Removed from Prep School's Melk Reunion Page
- St. John’s Abbey Hit With Two New Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- Ex-prior abused St. John's Prep students
- Andert Named in Two Lawsuits
- Abbey Admits: Andert Victim Never Interviewed
- San Antonio Abad se distancia de abuso sexual
- Abbey Statement Regarding Father Tom Andert
- Pavilion blessed, Eucharistic devotions stressed at dedication
- St. John's Abbey to return $2 million from Petters
- St. John's Abbey to return $2 million from Petters
- Saint John's Abbey Returns Gift
- St. John's monks vote to return $2M Petters gift, rename building
- St. John's University President Linked to Abbey Coverup
- St. John's Covered Up Abuse by Visiting Monk
- Abuse allegations 'unsubstantiated' against former St. John's Abbey prior
- Klassen: Allegation against Andert is unsubstantiated
- 2,000 Area Students On Campus in Collegeville
- 29 Questions for Abbot John Klassen, OSB
- Employee Open Forum with Abbot John
- Audio of Father Dan Ward and Alleged Victim
- Rev. Dan Ward Confronted After Presentation (Transcribed)
- Personal files of clergy abuse victim were made public
- Abbey Uses Tarlton Obituary to Rewrite History
- Father Allen Tarlton Obituary
Category Archives: Allen Tarlton
(SC Times) Allegations of sexual abuse against the former prior of St. John’s Abbey have been found to be unsubstantiated, according to Abbot John Klassen.
Allegations of sexual abuse brought last year against the Rev. Thomas Andert, OSB, have been found to be unsubstantiated. The conclusion comes at the end of a six-month-long, comprehensive investigation into the claims.
(MPR) Sexual abuse allegations against the former prior at St. John’s Abbey were found to be unsupported after a 6-month investigation, Abbey officials said Thursday.
A list of questions for the open forum “regarding sexual abuse” to be held at 3:00pm today on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota.
Father Allen Tarlton died on Monday. Father Allen Tarlton was a fantastic English teacher. Students in the 80’s and 90’s remember him as “Huggy Bear.” An earlier generation called him “Smokie.” Father Allen Tarlton was also a monster… a sexual predator. … Continue reading
Father Allen Paul Tarlton OSB (1929 – 2016) Collegeville May 25, 1929 – January 25, 2016
On January 19, 2016, Abbot John Klassen and Saint John’s Abbey released and made available to the public the files of eighteen monk offenders.
COLLEGEVILLE, MN – The recent settlement of a civil lawsuit and an upcoming criminal trial are shedding light on sexual abuse allegations involving monks at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
Despite credible allegations of misconduct — and despite Abbot John Klassen’s repeated claims of transparency — Father Donald Tauscher’s name has never been made public.
Shortly after this episode, he left for graduate studies at the University of Louvain, and was away from the abbey for some seven years doing doctoral and post-doctoral work. – Father Allen Tarlton
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
The files released Tuesday on Tarlton shed light on the types of documents to be made public in the months ahead. They indicate four abbots had been aware of Tarlton’s sexual behavior, which started in 1950s, that he had been … Continue reading
“There are a lot of people who are going to be able to get healthy because of it.” – Troy Brandlage
Attorney Jeff Anderson, who represents Doe 2, said the settlement will require Saint John’s Abbey to release the files of 19 monks accused of sexually abusing children and provide a financial settlement for an amount that will not be publicly … Continue reading
MINNEAPOLIS — A Minnesota man has settled a lawsuit with St. John’s Abbey that will force the release of personnel files for 19 monks accused of sexually abusing minors, attorneys said Monday.
A Sauk Rapids man has settled a lawsuit that accused a St. John’s Abbey monk of sexual abuse. A news conference has been scheduled for Tuesday to announce the terms of the settlement. The lawsuit against the Rev. Allen Tarlton … Continue reading
“However, on one occasion I gave a sleeping pill to a student and then masturbated him while he slept.” – Father Allen Tarlton Tarlton’s full autobiography is available as a PDF… Here [Webmaster’s Note: Father Allen Tarlton is one of … Continue reading
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
The List: 94 Credibly Accused Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-six (56) monks and twelve (12) other members of the Saint John’s community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty-six (26) men with strong ties to … Continue reading
(Pioneer Press) The Rev. Allen Tarlton, a monk with St. John’s Abbey accused of sexually abusing minor students, filed an emergency court order Sunday to bar release of his deposition.