Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Accused Perpetrator is monk-in-charge at Abbey
- It Can't Happen Here
- The List
- St. John's Abbey monk moves to stop release of deposition
- Remember Rev. David Cawkwell?
- Archdiocese list includes St. John's Abbey monks
- (SC Times) St. John's should release all Backous files
- St. John's Prep principal charged with DWI
- Letter to Kettler: Warning to Area Students
- Abbot Kelly Covered Up Misconduct by Fr. Andert
- 2200 Local Students To Attend Mass in Collegeville
- Regarding Russ Bohaty
- St. John's community wonders about future
- Predatory Fundraising at Saint John's?
- Allegations at St. John’s University: Elder Abuse and Predatory Fundraising
- St. John's Abbey Suffers Relapse
- St. John's Prep principal could face DWI charge
- How Will Abbot Klassen Handle Reichert Matter?
- Saint John's Prep Principal Arrested
- Confrontation to conciliation: Deal shifts clergy abuse legal tactics
- Abuse survivors name St. John's Abbey in nuisance claim
- Victim sues Abbey, Diocese for its handling of abuse allegations
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Allen Tarlton
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
Since the 1930s, fifty (50) monks and ten (10) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another twenty (20) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of misconduct.
(Pioneer Press) The Rev. Allen Tarlton, a monk with St. John’s Abbey accused of sexually abusing minor students, filed an emergency court order Sunday to bar release of his deposition.
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct. 2002 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2011 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Saint John’s Abbey List… Here 2013 Archdiocese of St. Paul List… Here … Continue reading
On December 9, 2013, Saint John’s Abbey released the names of eighteen current and former monks who “likely have offended against minors” [ View ]. The abbey’s list includes nine monks who currently live at the Benedictine monastery in Collegeville, Minnesota.
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
I thought no one would have believed me. Now at the age of 50, I can finally stand up for myself and talk about what happened to me. By doing this, I hope others who have been abused as children … Continue reading
We have been forthcoming and acknowledged the occasions when members of our community harmed others.
“I want kids to know that if they’ve been molested by priests, that they can come forward, and they need to get help,” he said. “If one person, one kid, comes out and gets help, then this will have been … Continue reading
Father Allen Tarlton aka “Father Gilbert” and “Huggy Bear” Formal Complaints: Nine
At a news conference on Wednesday (June 5, 2013) in St. Cloud, MN prominent clergy abuse attorney Jeff Anderson will introduce the childhood sexual abuse survivor who is courageously brining suit against the Order of St. Benedict which includes St. … Continue reading
Saint John’s Abbey has quietly admitted, via a revamped web site, that at least 23 members of its community have been credibly accused of sexual abuse or misconduct.
A lawsuit filed today against St. John’s Abbey accuses the religious order of knowing about sexual abuse allegations against a member of the order as far back as 1958, yet letting him teach at St. John’s until 1990.
- New sexual abuse lawsuit filed against St. John’s Prep – Former student claims the School and St. John’s Abbey allowed known offender to mentor and abuse him in 1980’s – Father Gilbert Tarlton had long history of sexual misconduct
Fr. Gilbert Tarlton was the Head of English Department at St. Augustine’s College when the interviewee began teaching at the high school in the spring of 1968.
Local television news coverage of the October 1992 filing of a lawsuit by attorney Jeff Anderson against Saint John’s Abbey and Father Allen Tarlton.
Approximately 1178 students attended the Prep School in the 80’s. 438 left before their senior year.
The following is a list of Saint John’s monks with credible allegations of misconduct who served in the Bahamas.
The most shocking thing about Saint John’s list of eighteen monk offenders… at least nine of the men on the list remain on campus today.
Saint John’s University football coach John Gagliardi has finally spoken on the record about sexual misconduct. In a Saint Cloud Times article regarding sex abuse at Penn State and Joe Paterno, Gagliardi said, “It’s just hard to believe anything like this … Continue reading