Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- INVESTIGATORS: A monk's message (Video)
- Andert, Taylor, Ward, Backous "Under Investigation"
- The List
- Gagliardi: Knowledge of Misconduct Since 1950's
- No. 2 Leader at St. John's Abbey Steps Aside on Abuse Claim
- Photos: Saint John's Prep
- Klassen to Saint John’s Friends, Faculty and Staff
- Longtime leader at St. John's Abbey accused of sex abuse
- (MPR) Monastery prior steps aside pending investigation
- Prep School Staff Members Take a Stand
- Questionable Data Used as Basis for Prep School Press Release
- Kettler to Address Some, Not All, Perps
- Andert Will Attend Reunion This Weekend, His Victim Will Not
- Tarlton's Perp?
- Abbey Releases Eckroth Obituary Minus Allegations
- Monk repeatedly accused of sex abuse dies at abbey
- St. John's monk accused of sexual abuse dies at 88
- Jury acquits ex-priest accused of sexual abuse in Hastings church
- Father Richard Eckroth Dies; Abbey Silent
- Visiting Monk: Rev. Michael Brunovsky, OSB
- Former Hastings priest to be tried this week in sex abuse case
- Abbey Silenced Alleged Tauscher Victim
- Hoefgen's Brother Also Perp Priest; Mom a Nun
Category Archives: Allen Tarlton
COLLEGEVILLE, MN – The recent settlement of a civil lawsuit and an upcoming criminal trial are shedding light on sexual abuse allegations involving monks at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
Despite credible allegations of misconduct — and despite Abbot John Klassen’s repeated claims of transparency — Father Donald Tauscher’s name has never been made public.
Shortly after this episode, he left for graduate studies at the University of Louvain, and was away from the abbey for some seven years doing doctoral and post-doctoral work. – Father Allen Tarlton
Since 2002, twenty-three members (see chart, below) of the Saint John’s monastic community have been publicly listed as having credible allegations of misconduct.
The files released Tuesday on Tarlton shed light on the types of documents to be made public in the months ahead. They indicate four abbots had been aware of Tarlton’s sexual behavior, which started in 1950s, that he had been … Continue reading
“There are a lot of people who are going to be able to get healthy because of it.” – Troy Brandlage
Attorney Jeff Anderson, who represents Doe 2, said the settlement will require Saint John’s Abbey to release the files of 19 monks accused of sexually abusing children and provide a financial settlement for an amount that will not be publicly … Continue reading
MINNEAPOLIS — A Minnesota man has settled a lawsuit with St. John’s Abbey that will force the release of personnel files for 19 monks accused of sexually abusing minors, attorneys said Monday.
A Sauk Rapids man has settled a lawsuit that accused a St. John’s Abbey monk of sexual abuse. A news conference has been scheduled for Tuesday to announce the terms of the settlement. The lawsuit against the Rev. Allen Tarlton … Continue reading
“However, on one occasion I gave a sleeping pill to a student and then masturbated him while he slept.” – Father Allen Tarlton Tarlton’s full autobiography is available as a PDF… Here [Webmaster’s Note: Father Allen Tarlton is one of … Continue reading
Bishop Kettler, In 2011, one of Father Tom Andert’s victims referred to the “horrible culture of hypocrisy” at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville. During several conversations, including his visit to Minnesota after Andert’s appointment in 2007, I heard his pain. Last … Continue reading
Tracking the Public Lists Since the 1930s, fifty-two (52) monks and eleven (12) other members of the Saint John’s community have been accused of sexual abuse and/or other misconduct. Another nineteen (19) men with strong ties to St. John’s have also been accused of … Continue reading
(Pioneer Press) The Rev. Allen Tarlton, a monk with St. John’s Abbey accused of sexually abusing minor students, filed an emergency court order Sunday to bar release of his deposition.
On December 9, 2013, Saint John’s Abbey released the names of eighteen current and former monks who “likely have offended against minors” [ View ]. The abbey’s list includes nine monks who currently live at the Benedictine monastery in Collegeville, Minnesota.
Official Statement of December 9, 2013 Release of Names of Monks Who Likely Have Offended Against Minors
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey released a list Monday of 18 monks and priests who it believes “likely have offended against minors.”
I thought no one would have believed me. Now at the age of 50, I can finally stand up for myself and talk about what happened to me. By doing this, I hope others who have been abused as children … Continue reading
We have been forthcoming and acknowledged the occasions when members of our community harmed others.
“I want kids to know that if they’ve been molested by priests, that they can come forward, and they need to get help,” he said. “If one person, one kid, comes out and gets help, then this will have been … Continue reading
Father Allen Tarlton aka “Father Gilbert” and “Huggy Bear” Formal Complaints: Nine