Anonymous Tips & FeedbackIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Man convicted of sexual abuse to face child rape charge in Mass
- Matthew Feeney to stand trial in Massachusetts
- Investigators: In Feeney's Words (Video)
- Victims abused by Minnesota casting director awarded more than $2 million
- 2 Victims Sexually Abused by Minnesota Casting Director Awarded $2.1 Million
- Lawsuit Filed re Father Doug Mullin, OSB
- Nine Monks Among Claims Against the Diocese of St. Cloud
- Rubén Rosario: 800 claims and counting as child sex-abuse law nears expiration
- Diocese served with dozens of lawsuits
- 10 Years Later, Abbot Klassen Still Hiding Abuse Claims
- We must share concern for all innocent people victimized by abusers or accusers
- Priest Accused Of Sexual Abuse, Again
- St. John's Monk Accused Of Abuse
- Lawsuits Accuse Backous of Abuse
- Another St. John’s Priest Accused Of Abuse
- Media Advisory Regarding Michael Bik
- Suit Names Former Prep School Teacher
- Statement Regarding Timothy Backous
- Allegations of sexual misconduct bring two monks under investigation
- The List
- Father Andert Removed from Prep School's Melk Reunion Page
- St. John’s Abbey Hit With Two New Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- Ex-prior abused St. John's Prep students
- Andert Named in Two Lawsuits
- Abbey Admits: Andert Victim Never Interviewed
- San Antonio Abad se distancia de abuso sexual
- Abbey Statement Regarding Father Tom Andert
Category Archives: Richard Sipe
(KSTP – 5) St. John’s Abbey says its No. 2 leader, the Rev. Tom Andert, has stepped aside because of an allegation of a sex crime involving a former student at Saint John’s Preparatory School.
(StarTribune) The Rev. Thomas Andert, the prior at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, has been removed from his leadership position following an allegation of student sex abuse.
Ben will not be attending his 20-year reunion, however. He committed suicide in December of 2014.
COLLEGEVILLE, MN – The recent settlement of a civil lawsuit and an upcoming criminal trial are shedding light on sexual abuse allegations involving monks at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
Patrick Wall flips through a six-inch-thick binder in a law office that once housed a confessional booth. He’s got whole boxes yet to comb through, each containing several decades’ worth of internal church memos, affidavits, and police reports.
Former Saint John’s Abbey monks Pat Wall and A.W. Richard Sipe are featured in the HBO documentary “Mea Maxima Culpa”. The movie premiered on the HBO network on Monday, February 4, 2013. Sipe and Wall discuss clergy abuse, celibacy and coverup … Continue reading
Even many of those who wind up being ordained fail to maintain their chastity: According to a 1990 study by psychologist [Former Saint John’s Abbey Monk] Richard Sipe, only half of all priests adhere to their vows of celibacy. It … Continue reading
[Note: Since the New York Post article regarding former Abbot Timothy Kelly (below) was published on June 7, 2011, other stories of abuse and misconduct have been shared. “Fr. Tim,” as Timothy Kelly was known in the late 60’s wasn’t … Continue reading
(St. Joseph Newsleader) In a statement released on the St. John’s Abbey website last week, Abbot John Klassen said he and other members of the abbey were “shocked” to hear allegations that former Abbot Timothy Kelly, who died last fall, … Continue reading
Witness the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth as A.W. Richard Sipe and Patrick J. Wall, both former Benedictine monks and now recognized world-renowned experts on clergy sexual abuse, return home to Minnesota in support of survivors … Continue reading
“Contrary to Abbot Klassen’s accusations in his statement, we (filed the lawsuit) only because Saint John’s had already been made aware of the charges nearly six months ago and failed to investigate it, respond to it, or disclose it,” Anderson’s … Continue reading
Having just read the statement [ View ] released today by Abbot John Klassen on behalf of the Abbey of Saint John’s, I am alarmed and deeply sad.
A.W. Richard Sipe, a former monk at St. John’s who has worked on numerous cases of clergy sex abuse nationwide, said at a news conference Tuesday that he spoke to the man who is alleging the abuse and that there … Continue reading
(MPR) St. Paul, Minn. — A New York man says a former abbot at Minnesota’s St. John’s Abbey sexually abused him decades ago while he was a parish priest in the Bronx. The Rev. Timothy Kelly later went on to … Continue reading
(AP) ST. PAUL, Minn. – Two former monks at St. John’s Abbey say the monastery fosters a culture of sexual secrecy that comes from the top. Patrick Wall and Richard Sipe joined St. Paul attorney Jeff Anderson on Tuesday to announce … Continue reading
Media Advisory/News Conference Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 12:30
April 20, 1934 – Thomas Daniel Kelly born in Milwaukee, WI Grades 1 – 6: Public Schools in Minneapolis, MN Grades 7 & 8: Annunciation Parish School in Minneapolis, MN High School: St. Thomas Military Academy in St. Paul, MN … Continue reading
The Interfaith Sexual Trauma Institute (“ISTI”) was, and continues to be a public relations tool for St. John’s in Collegeville, Minnesota. Further, its leadership, including (former) Abbot Timothy Kelly, Br. Dietrich Reinhart, Fr. Roman Paur and (current) Abbot John Klassen have … Continue reading
I debated writing anything for weeks, because of not wanting to join one “side” — what was always best about ISTI was the intention to include all voices — but having perused your website pretty thoroughly, I don’t find anything … Continue reading