Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- New Minn. law allows more childhood abuse lawsuits
- Alleged Rape (and a current coverup) at Saint John's
- The List
- New photo of Josh Guimond, still missing after 10 years
- Police Release Age-Enhanced Photo of Missing College Student Josh Guimond
- Letter #2 to Saint Joseph Parishioners
- Misconduct by Fr. Mel Taylor
- Letter to Michael Hemesath re Sexual Assault
- Abbey Letter Lists Eighteen Offending Monks
- Regarding Father Tupa's Bulletin Message
- Tupa's January 20 Bulletin Message
- Meet the Monks
- 50 Years a Monk; [33 Years a Sexual Predator]
- Abbot Relaxes Stand... Four Restricted Monks Featured
- St. John's Removes Deceptive Statement from its Web Site
- Steps Toward Becoming a Monk
Search by Topic
Search by Date
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Monk Travel
(crookstontimes.com) For 500 years, the Bible has been printed using printing presses and more recently, digital media. Before that, monks and nuns copied the Bible by hand. As a result we have those magnificent hand-lettered and illuminated bibles such as … Continue reading
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey publications and newspaper articles from the 1990s on contradict the abbey’s own statement about the whereabouts and work history of the Rev. Francisco Schulte after the abbey received an allegation of sexual misconduct … Continue reading
*** May 12, 2002: “Klassen said the Rev. Finian McDonald will not be allowed to travel this year to the Bahamas, where he has regularly spent several months each year at the abbey’s mission. McDonald ‘probably won’t’ go there ever … Continue reading
Br. Benet Tvedten, OSB, Oblate Director at Blue Cloud Abbey in South Dakota, has graciously permitted the editors of The Oblate to reprint his article on the recent Oblate Directors’ Biennial Meeting at St Martin’s Abbey in Lacey, Washington. Fr. … Continue reading
Monastic Liturgy Forum – Discusses Paschal Triduum: Forty-two monastic liturgists from across the US gathered at St. Scholastica Monastery in Fort Smith, AR, August 17-20. Founded in 1988, this was the tenth national meeting of the Monastic Liturgy Forum.
Abbot John Klassen has been praised for disclosing some monks’ misdeeds and criticized for allowing some to travel.
Minnesota’s Catholic bishops returned from Dallas with an explicit mandate to deal with sex abusers in the clergy. The “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People” binds bishops around the country to the same “one-strike” policy.
St. John’s Abbey was told in the late 1980s that the Rev. Richard Eckroth had allegedly sexually abused a boy years earlier.