Search by Topic
Search by Date
Search The Web Site
Most Recent Adds/Changes
- Tracking the Public Lists
- The 2015 List: Nineteen Names
- Adult Victims Abandoned
- Rev. Anthony Ruff Still on SJU Staff
- The List
- (Star Tribune) St. John's Abbey to Open Sex-Abuse Files
- (MPR) In memoir, St. John's Abbey priest admits abusing high school student
- Tarlton Autobiography Excerpt #1
- (MPR) St. John's Abbey settles sex abuse suit
- (SC Times) Clergy Sex Abuse Lawsuit Settled
- (Star Tribune) Attorneys Say Settlement Reached
- Abbey Now Admits to 23 Monk Perpetrators
- Official Statement of December 9, 2013
- Abbey Letter Lists Eighteen Offending Monks
- Media Advisory: Abuse Survivor and Attorneys Announce Breakthrough Settlement Involving St. John's Abbey
- Accused Perpetrator is monk-in-charge at Abbey
- Fr. Allan Tarlton Travels to Oblate Meeting in Washington State
- Fr. Allen Tarlton Returns to Oblate Program
- Abbot Klassen with Offenders Schulte and Tarlton
- Diocese Perp Taught at Prep School
- Fr. Tom Andert's Love Letters
- It Can't Happen Here
- St. John's Abbey monk moves to stop release of deposition
Anonymous TipsIf you have information about misconduct, please consider leaving a message via the Feedback page.
Category Archives: Monk Travel
(crookstontimes.com) For 500 years, the Bible has been printed using printing presses and more recently, digital media. Before that, monks and nuns copied the Bible by hand. As a result we have those magnificent hand-lettered and illuminated bibles such as … Continue reading
(SC Times) COLLEGEVILLE — St. John’s Abbey publications and newspaper articles from the 1990s on contradict the abbey’s own statement about the whereabouts and work history of the Rev. Francisco Schulte after the abbey received an allegation of sexual misconduct … Continue reading
*** May 12, 2002: “Klassen said the Rev. Finian McDonald will not be allowed to travel this year to the Bahamas, where he has regularly spent several months each year at the abbey’s mission. McDonald ‘probably won’t’ go there ever … Continue reading
Br. Benet Tvedten, OSB, Oblate Director at Blue Cloud Abbey in South Dakota, has graciously permitted the editors of The Oblate to reprint his article on the recent Oblate Directors’ Biennial Meeting at St Martin’s Abbey in Lacey, Washington. Fr. Greg Miller, … Continue reading
Monastic Liturgy Forum – Discusses Paschal Triduum: Forty-two monastic liturgists from across the US gathered at St. Scholastica Monastery in Fort Smith, AR, August 17-20. Founded in 1988, this was the tenth national meeting of the Monastic Liturgy Forum.
Abbot John Klassen has been praised for disclosing some monks’ misdeeds and criticized for allowing some to travel.
Minnesota’s Catholic bishops returned from Dallas with an explicit mandate to deal with sex abusers in the clergy. The “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People” binds bishops around the country to the same “one-strike” policy.
St. John’s Abbey was told in the late 1980s that the Rev. Richard Eckroth had allegedly sexually abused a boy years earlier.